Tyre pressures

Started by lamcote, August 13, 2018, 14:22

lamcote

I keep being tempted to try higher than standard front tyre pressures, just to see what it's like.

But every time I go back to standard pressures the car just feels so much better. Rear pressures seem a bit more tolerant of change.

Anyone else noticed this?

I am writing this to try to make sure I don't think about changing again!
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

m1tch

Quote from: lamcote on August 13, 2018, 14:22
I keep being tempted to try higher than standard front tyre pressures, just to see what it's like.

But every time I go back to standard pressures the car just feels so much better. Rear pressures seem a bit more tolerant of change.

Anyone else noticed this?

I am writing this to try to make sure I don't think about changing again!

What tyres are you running? I know certain tyres like the Toyo T1-Rs have a softer sidewall to behave differently to stiffer sidewalled tyres - worth trying though.

Justin.D

Running T1R's, 28 front and 36 rear. The car feels so much better with the extra in the rears (PFL, 15's all round)
Click for my Readers Ride

lamcote

I'm running Michelin PS3 on the front and Dunlops on the rear until I swap them for Michelins soon.

The more I see about Michelin tyres the more I think they're in a league of their own for road tyres at least.
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

Ardent

running Yoko AD08R which are as close to stock as it is possible to get. Speed rating  and load rating included.
Have to say. Stock 26 front 32 rear is spot on

Tags: