Hardtop Fixing Kit ..

Started by Anonymous, August 7, 2003, 15:10

Anonymous

They wont sell you an off the shelf hard top as an accessorybut you can buy all the parts and the hard to is actually on their systems (you need to add your paint code on the end of the product code).

If you really want one, then im sure one dealer will sell you one if you say its damaged... however, they are over £2k + VAT so its not the best option to get it from a UK dealer.

I got mine second hand, but you can buy them new from places like you say in germany or japan etc...

Tem

Quote from: "AndyEv"Tem (I think) in Finland mentioned going to Germany to pick one up...

Not going there, just ordering one. IIRC, the best price from Germany was 1850 euros (about £1300) and that was for the full kit, hardtop and all the parts needed to install it.

Shipping to Finland would've been about 300 euros, so in the end it would be roughly same as buying one from my local dealer...

The full kit is about 2180 euros here, while just the top is about 4000 euros or so. Go figure  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

One more idea...if the dealers in UK refuse to sell the kit for the lower price unless you buy it with a new car...I'm sure someone who's buying a new car without hardtop could help you out. He orders the car with hardtop and you pay the difference. Every one and then someone comes here before buying the car...just ask nicely  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Tem, thanks for that, but what/who is IIRC.  If it comes with fitting kit I'll have some to sell - just ordered mine yesterday.  Oh um!  Cheers.

Tem

Quote from: "AndyEv"but what/who is IIRC

That means 'If I Recall/Remember Correctly'...

Thodwris gave me the contact info to that dealer some time ago. He might still have it, ask him if you're interested.
(I should have it somewhere as well, but no idea where)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

MY HARD TOP IS ON!!!!!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Will post photos later once ive photoshop'd out the dirt from my car!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Slacey

Trouble free I hope, although with Mark as your wingman for the job, I expect excellent results  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"Trouble free I hope, although with Mark as your wingman for the job, I expect excellent results  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Pretty much - few hicups, but nothing major. looks the business too... LOOK!!!!

Im going to do a full write up including showing cutting the panels etc soon so will post that up when its done. I have full installation photos too.

Anonymous

Cool, now take her down the road and count the different rattles and creaks it's added.  s:? :? s:?  

Sorry, i mean wohoo, ENJOY.

Anonymous

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"Cool, now take her down the road and count the different rattles and creaks it's added.  s:? :? s:?  

Its actually got rid of loads of them!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Mark was well impressed with the fit of the hard top (thanks to steves tweeking of the clips!) - fits soooo snug!

markiii

umm yes.

arguablty better fit than my oem, looks like I habe some tweeking toi do.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

filcee

Let me know what the tweaks are - I still haven't got round to sorting my hardtop rattles out.  Would be nice to know where to target my efforts.  
thanks,
Phil
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Slacey

Same here, if it could be made to fit better, I'm all ears  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Same here... was thinking of tightening the each of the four clips a little.

Slacey

Quote from: "phil4"Same here... was thinking of tightening the each of the four clips a little.
I've already done that a while back, I'm wondering if Mark & Steve found any other little 'mods'

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "phil4"Same here... was thinking of tightening the each of the four clips a little.
I've already done that a while back

Did it help any?

Slacey

I can't say I really noticed any difference..  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Ho hum, let's hope Markiii can come up with something amazing then.

markiii

well my clips are already at maximum adjustment. Steve thinks my side mounts are a little high, so were going to take a look and see if they can be moved down a little.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

Quote from: "markiii"well my clips are already at maximum adjustment. Steve thinks my side mounts are a little high, so were going to take a look and see if they can be moved down a little.
Hmmm.... as there is only horizontal movement, do you think the couple of mil gained by moving the mounts across will make any difference?

heathstimpson

Would someone be so kind as to show a picture of the bit of the side panels that needs to be removed before the kit is fitted. Cheers  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Slacey

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Would someone be so kind as to show a picture of the bit of the side panels that needs to be removed before the kit is fitted. Cheers  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Heath, see my Install Guide fot the Style Bars in the 'Articles' section - that shows you exactly where they go and what parts to remove.

SteveJ

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Would someone be so kind as to show a picture of the bit of the side panels that needs to be removed before the kit is fitted. Cheers  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Heath, see my Install Guise fot the Style Bars in the 'Articles' section - that shows you exactly where they go and what parts to remove.
There is a very clear outline moulded into the plastic - simply cut to this and you cant go wrong.

Anonymous

Heath, see my Install Guide fot the Style Bars in the 'Articles' section - that shows you exactly where they go and what parts to remove.

i cant find the article section??

also, has anyone got the hard top fitting guide?

Liz

The articles section is accessible at the top of the page - there is a list underneath the club name - starts on the left at home and the third along is articles, click there and you need to click on next page, it is on there.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

anyone got the install guide?

Tags: