Hardtop Fixing Kit ..

Started by Anonymous, August 7, 2003, 15:10

dimwit

Help.. tryed to fit the demister cable lenth(82187-17030) which fits to the hardtop side great but where does the other end go.  s:? :? s:?   tryed fitting it to the soft-top demister cable but the ends don't connect (wrong fitment)...  s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Open the drivers side luggage door, remove the plastic panel that gives all that extra space back there   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  , and there is a connector block.Remove the cable that goes to the soft top demister, and plug in yer new one.

dimwit

Cheers Ian..  thought i had the wrong fitment   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   give it a go tomorrow..  s:) :) s:)

dimwit

Bingo... Amazing what you can do with a little help..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Thanks for the piccy Ian  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Anonymous

s8) 8) s8)  No problem

Anonymous

Ian

Glad you found Turbo Spares ok, they were a bit slow when i ordered and lost a part !, maybe it was just a one off !

Tem

What's the part number for the hardtop itself?

63201-17231-XX..? Where XX means color...anyone know the code for red?

(just the top part number, not the full kit)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Hello, intro first: 'the wife' has just got a Carlo Blue Roadster (Mar 03 model) to which I intend fitting a hardtop.  I have read this thread and appreciate all the information provided.  Without wishing to drag the subject on, there was mention early on about a possible source for new hardtops that, going by the part number, would turn up ready to fit onto an already modified car (the approx £200 parts).  Does anyone know of such a source, other than our main dealers - ie cheaper than what they would charge.  I'm not after a 'free lunch' but if there's savings to be made from a reliable source then I'll go for that.  Additionally, does anyone know what the code for Carlo Blue is and whether its on the VIN plate (I'm new to Toyotas). I am also interested in a style bar and have posted a separate thread for that.  Finally, I've not been asked for any money as part of the registering process, but do you have a subscription?  The reason I ask is website hosting is not free and the Ford Cougar (my 'baby') site were asking for contributions.  Thank you.

Anonymous

Carlo Blue? New one on me! Sure its not Lagoon Blue?

markiii

might be the really pale pastel one the yanks call paradise blue.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

Did they offer that pale blue as an option here? Never seen one...
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Slacey"Did they offer that pale blue as an option here? Never seen one...
I don't think it was even an option over here or in Japan. States?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

markiii

only available for 03, I think you can get it in the UK but I've never seen one mind.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"only available for 03, I think you can get it in the UK but I've never seen one mind.
It wasn't an option when I bought my UK one in March; is it a Jap option?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tem

Quote from: "Tem"What's the part number for the hardtop itself?

(just the top part number, not the full kit)

Bump...anyone?

Cause the part number that local dealer came up with gave a price of a bit over 4000 euros  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Yes, just for the top. The full kit retails at 2305 euros over here, so go figure  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  Anyway, that's the only part number for the hard top he can find, so if anyone has the "real" number, I'd appreciate it.

Anonymous

I got quoted £2k + vat for JUST the hard top from my dealer, so that could be right...

Anonymous

That's insane.

Tem

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I got quoted £2k + vat for JUST the hard top from my dealer, so that could be right...

So how come ppl are buying the hardtop and some £200 worth of parts separately, if they can be had together for some £1500..?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

mad aint it! The £2k+vat was for if you went in to Mr T and said "i droped my hardtop off a cliff and need to buy a new one from you". Remeber thats uk prices and we get stitched up for everything over here!   s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Maybe it's 'cause they reckon most of the requests will come through insurance... and so want to soak up a little extra cash there because the insurers have no choice?

Tem

Uhhh...I think I just got the craziest price ever. Asked some finnish dealers for the top and the best offer was 2190 euros...and the most expensive was 7350 euros unpainted!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

So when are we going to do a GB on these?  s8) 8) s8)  If the US guys can get them from Japan for a bit under $2000 shipped (=1600e=£1150), I'm sure they could be had to Europe for about same...

markiii

well volunteered that man.

Anonymous

can hardtops be fitted to all mr2 roadsters philip

Anonymous

assuming you have the fittings that are required (not fitted as standard to a '2 that has not had a hard top on it before)

Anonymous

Has anyone actually managed to get their dealer to admit to them selling a hardtop.  I've been down to mine and went through their parts computer with them and an off the shelf item doesn't seem to exist here.  The part no quoted earlier doesn't exist on the UK dealers system.  Tem (I think) in Finland mentioned going to Germany to pick one up... has anyone tried this?  Are all of the hardtops that have been acquired, been got as secondhand, it seems like it to me?  Any ideas anyone?

Tags: