Private Reg's

Started by PET3R, January 21, 2006, 22:24

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Any relation?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

no but that was the plate i was after but was beaten to it,as you say spooky  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

my surname is whitmee and i got w17mee...close enough!!

aaronjb

There was a car in the works carpark the other night with a reg. that started "WUSS"... Did make me chuckle.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

edward.carter

saw one not too long ago Y4 ASK thought that was clever...

ghollis_84

I saw one on A motorbike which overtook me the other day which was:

B16 NOB   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    with a yellow spote in the 6.

That made me chuckle just a bit.
Red MR-S, TRD Stage 1 kit, plate V* MRS, AEM Induction Kit, TTE Springs, Pre-Cats Gutted, Corky, Custom Luggage set, BAMA, 03 side vents, TRD FSB, Gun Metal grey stock wheels, Red Calipers, Club Sticker, Clear indicators, Dev\'s

Anonymous

When I said that I was buying an MR2 my mate, who thinks they're cars for hairdressers (until he saw it...now he's just envious), suggested I should get a number plate which read 'NOT GAY'!

LeeUK

My plate:

My birthday (Jul3) and my Initials.  Consiquentialy my cars nickname has become JELBE though!

Ps. I too have a slightly naughty plate.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

edward.carter

Quote from: "LeeUK"Ps. I too have a slightly naughty plate.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
I spoke to a policeman about that once, as i have a space between ed and c  and he said as long as it was clear and readable and not those silly italics he and most others werent really that bothered

rmowbray

Yeah I've had the same feedback from the police on this. They turn a blind eye long as you don't take the p!ss and make the plate either unreadable (italics etc) or look like a different reg by adding bits of tape and multiple bolt heads etc.

I've got R7CH M. Wanted R1CH M but the £25k price tag kind of put me off   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

You will fail you MOT though if your lettering or spacing is non standard so you'll need to have a legal sent too, but the car only has to wear them for the hour of the MOT   s:D :D s:D . I changed the plates over in the car park of the test centre where my last MOT was done. The tester just smiled & said "nice plates"   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Mines S88AH S closest I could get to Sarah!! My boyf can do number plates and we did some alterations to it but I am too afraid of the cops to actually have it on my car!! I do think they are more lenient now days with spacing etc as long as it's readable I don't think it matters!

I was considering getting X 5 5AF X as my nickname is Saf but people said it looked shite!

They're so popular now and so hard to get the one your after!!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Sarah07"I was considering getting X 5 5AF X as my nickname is Saf but people said it looked S***E!
You trading the 2 in for a Beemer X5 then  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

No the 5's are meant to be like the letter S!

edward.carter

Quote from: "Sarah07"No the 55's are meant to be like the letter S!
Think he meant the X5 at the beginning before the 5AF   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

I know that would be a cool plate if I had a X5, maybe when I have kids!!! but I was thinking it would look more like X S SAF X!

Anonymous

Name is Cooper but always used Coopa

Managed to get C9OPA    s:) :) s:)

edward.carter

Saw another very cool plate the other day   LOG 1N

aaronjb

Quote from: "edward.carter"Saw another very cool plate the other day   LOG 1N

Heh, cool  s:) :) s:)

I spent ages trying to figure out cool plates like 'HAX0R' ('cept you can't have zeroes) or 'L33T' or somesuch.. but I couldn't think of anything that fitted in with a reg plate  s:( :( s:(
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

kanujunkie

what about A5RON
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"what about A5RON

I'd not thought of using a 5 there..

I did look at A4RON, but that was gone already (surprise surprise  s:) :) s:) )..

Spent a while pondering MR02 AJB, but nah..

G33K AB

Hmm.. nah..

G33KTH..

Pah..  s:) :) s:)  My imagination sucks  s;) ;) s;)

N3RDY..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

rmowbray

Think the best one I've seen was

50 5EXY

edward.carter

Quote from: "rmowbray"Think the best one I've seen was

50 5EXY
remember the one that used to be on the front of autotrader h1 5exy

Liz

Here is a little toy for you to play with... CLICKY , type in the plate of your desire to see what car it is on...

The porker previously had H8WDY on it, wish that he had left it, its on a Mini now.. S1MON is on a Ferrari, have fun!

How sick A4RON is on a basic Pug 206   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

edward.carter

Quote from: "Liz"Here is a little toy for you to play with... CLICKY , type in the plate of your desire to see what car it is on...

The porker previously had H8WDY on it, wish that he had left it, its on a Mini now.. S1MON is on a Ferrari, have fun!

How sick A4RON is on a basic Pug 206   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Cool, just found out one of my old plates has had a nice little transfer i used to have an old e reg 1.0 Mini but it was a cooper replica (couldnt insure the real thing then) well i sold the plate and the car seperately and it now on a new mini cooper s, what are the chances!!

rmowbray

Sickening, R1CHM that I wanted is on a Mini Cooper.

It must be worth twice what the car cost.

Ah well, couldn't afford it anyway  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

jonytom

Sorry everyone - but I've been biting my lip for TOOOO long here.

I'll be as subtle and polite as possible, but er, um is it really possible to use the words "cool" and "private registration" in the same sentence?
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

Tags: