Good looking rear on reflection

Started by Anonymous, September 21, 2003, 13:44

Anonymous

Fitted tow hook reflectors & Spyder emblem both items smarten up my rear   s:!: :!: s:!:  Thanks to slacey (reflectors),gtinter (spyder emblem) & krisclarke for hosting pics.   s:D :D s:D    s8) 8) s8)  

Anonymous

How do I reply to this without sounding strange  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Nice rear you have there....looks good.     s:? :? s:?  

nope       s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

The back of your 2 looks good.............that's better     s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Looks good Cartell, I like the Spyder sticker on the light.

MR2blue & Ender - where are your pics??!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

How many break lights do you have????

Anonymous

I have the usual 2's brake lights, plus the one in the spoiler. Looks cool at night, my own illuminations.   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Darth Paul

The Spyder emblem looks good – but you've got a contradiction going on now – Spyder AND Roadster.

Why not lose the TOYOTA and ROADSTER badges, and go for a cleaner behind?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Just my 2p's worth.

A pic of my backside...

DP

Anonymous

Iv'e thought about taking badges off, am undecided, you see I like chrome bits, in saying that I must admit your rear is pert   s:!: :!: s:!:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I mean it does look neat   s8) 8) s8)  . Will reconsider de-badging my rear, if I do will post pics , or will I be picking my rear   s:!: :!: s:!:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Comer

Cartell, you may want to consider getting rid of the grey surround for the rear number plate too.  Mine seemed to be much bigger than the actual plate so I made the holes on the plate larger and used those thicker plastic screws for screwing the plate directly on to the Chromdesign grill.

Not a great pic (old camera) but........

PS Ignore Mr T's attempt to replace my MR2 badge  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I like  s:D :D s:D  It defo enhances the look of grille. Am in process of polishing stainless steel backing plate to place on mesh will keep you posted, if it looks naf I will revert to your idea. I see you too have de-badged I also like   s8) 8) s8)

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "cartell"

Hmmm you could have a problem here. The reason why the rear spoiler is supplied with the blanking plate for the normal HMSL is because it is illegal to show more than one mid-mounted HMSL  s:?: :?: s:?:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "cartell"

Erm....you're gonna have a little problem here as well.

It is illegal to show non-red rear reflectors.

Your 2 will also fail it's MOT when you take it to be tested if the yellow reflectors are still on.

Peter Laborne

Just to confirm some of the legal points regarding rear reflectors.

Not only do they need to be red but the reflectors must be positioned as follows:

- Maximum height above road surface: 900 mm, or 1200 mm if the structure of the car makes it impractical.
- Minimum height above road surface: 350 mm
- Minimum distance between the reflectors: 600 mm. If the overall width of the car is less than 1300 mm, then the separation between the reflectors must be at least 400 mm. For cars narrower than 800 mm, the requirement is 300 mm.
- Maximum distance from the side of the car: 400 mm, or 610 mm for a car first used before 1 April 1986.
- Maximum angles of visibility: 30 degrees either side of the vehicle centre line in the horizontal plane, and 15 degrees up or down in the vertical plane (5 degrees below if the highest part of the reflecting area is less than 750 mm above the ground.

The reflectors must have an appropriate BSI- or e-approval mark.

Anonymous

Thanks for info, in my experience most peoples car should fail an M.O.T, as their number plate will be illigal, especially if they have had a replacment made.
Even those nice boys in blue will be illigal, I have yet to see a nuber plate be of the correct size with the letters and numerics correctly spaced.
As for the reflectors, strange how making yourself more visible (from behind) can be illigal.

Tem

Peter, just wondering about your local laws, but is it actually legal to mount a rear spoiler behind the brake light at all? Except the small bumper mounted eurospoiler or alikes. Over here that's completely forbidden and I had the impression that it's the same in most of the Europe...that's probably the major reason why TTE spoiler sits where it does. It won't block the brake light at any angle.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Chris

i suspect that could be the reason why the spoiler comes with a blanking plate for the original brake light and includes an integral light...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "cartell"As for the reflectors, strange how making yourself more visible (from behind) can be illigal.

The colour is the biggest problem here.  Only indicators should be orange.
Rear visibility marks (such as rear driving lights and reflectors) should be red.

Tem

Quote from: "Emmanuel"
Quote from: "cartell"As for the reflectors, strange how making yourself more visible (from behind) can be illigal.

The colour is the biggest problem here.  Only indicators should be orange.
Rear visibility marks (such as rear driving lights and reflectors) should be red.

cartell, I know this is an extreme example, but think of it this way. If you added cop-lights to your car, it would make you VERY visible to everyone else. The next thing you know, everyone has them and you can't really see anything but the flashing lights. Not to mention, that no one would recognize the real cops anymore and give room for them and so on, and so on...

Sometimes more isn't better  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Can't argue with that, but there staying, cos I like them.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   One day all cars will be built this way, cops or no cops.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Comer

So are Cartell's red reflectors illegal?  The thread mentioned orange reflectors then the light on the spoiler and I got a bit lost.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Quote from: "cartell"One day all cars will be built this way

Bloody hope not... i wont buy one with nasty orange/yellow reflectors on the back!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Bloody hope not... i wont buy one with nasty orange/yellow reflectors on the back!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Hey you, curb the comments about the reflectors!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Illigal, nasty orange/yellow reflector if you don't mind.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I have seen the pictures you have of the rear grilles (Comer/cartell).  I have been thinking of doing this for some time but haven't got around to it, are they chromdesign?  

How do you fix them?? (without removing the bumpers)

Could i get away with buying any mesh making sure it's just bigger than the plastic?

Do the grilles have some kind of edging around them?

ps..where can i get hold of a 'spyder' badge?   (I got a trd spolier with the orignal brake light covered up)

cheers

Viggs

Chris

Quote from: "Viggs"ps..where can i get hold of a 'spyder' badge?   (I got a trd spolier with the orignal brake light covered up)

cheers

Viggs

there was a post by someone i can't remember not long ago that asked the very question - adam/japgt300 sells them
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

MR2Blue

Quote from: ViggsI have seen the pictures you have of the rear grilles (Comer/cartell).  I have been thinking of doing this for some time but haven't got around to it, are they chromdesign?  

How do you fix them?? (without removing the bumpers)

Do the grilles have some kind of edging around them?

1. Cartell and I bought ours together from Chromdesign.

2. Quite easy but you need to have small hands (you get picture instructions).

3. The grille is tacked to a thin rod that is the shape of the gap its going into, they also have a small piece that is bent round to stop them falling off.

Hope this helps.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: