crome air vents

Started by Anonymous, August 2, 2004, 19:58

Anonymous

Can n e one please tell me if u can get crome air vents. i am sure that i have seen them somewhere.
thanx for any help.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Slacey

They are available here.... item number 014-001-008 - not cheap though.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Darth Paul

Dave (SilverMSD2) has them. Here's a pic of his car.

Give him a PM?

Anonymous

do u think that they would look good on a bblue mr2 or should i stick with body coloured!! has anyone got any pics. thanx a lot X

markiii

your call, personally I'd go with 03 body coloured
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "raychul"do u think that they would look good on a bblue mr2 or should i stick with body coloured!! has anyone got any pics. thanx a lot X

Depends how much chrome you have on the rest of the 2. If it is a one off thing then i would go for the blue.

I'll try & do you some pics of my intakes this weekend. If iremember correctly i got mine from Postert in Germany.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Depends how much chrome you have on the rest of the 2.

You have to remember, Dave is the Blingmeister Extrordinaire!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

<cough> Scuse me <cough>

So bling meister general........   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Pics will be here tomorrow as the weather is looking good.

Darth Paul

Ahhh, but bling = chrome.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

& orangeeee gold = spandex   s:!: :!: s:!:  

Pic as requested

m http://img70.exs.cx/img70/7591/PICT10.jpg m

<edit> PC illiterate alert   s:!: :!: s:!:  

Can somebody help me to downsize this image

PC illiterate alert   s:!: :!: s:!:   <edit>

Darth Paul

Womble...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Anonymous

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Cheers      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

s:D :D s:D  thanx very much 4 that. can see the 'bling bling' though!! hey but it looks good. be bling if ya want !!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

just got mine through in the post today and there 03 style, trying to work out how they fix on now, think they go over the existing ones by the looks?

will post morewhen I've worked it out   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Quote from: "raychul"Can n e one please tell me if u can get crome air vents. i am sure that i have seen them somewhere.
thanx for any help.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

They have these at postert, I think they're the ones perry is talking about:

Anonymous

Yes, that is what Perry has bought & mine are the pre 03 version that i bought a couple of years ago.

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"just got mine through in the post today and there 03 style, trying to work out how they fix on now, think they go over the existing ones by the looks?

will post morewhen I've worked it out   s:? :? s:?

So how did this go? do you need to have the '03 and up vents to use these, or are they replacements? any pics?

thanks

Anonymous

Havnt bothered taking any pics.

As thought these bond onto your existing vents, they are designed for 03 vents but I bonded them onto some older vents very kindly supplied by carter (cheers bud!   s:D :D s:D  )

when you look at the picture

you can see the 03 style 3 'fingers' pointing towards the rear of the car. On an 03 vent they are cut out as such showing black all around them, but on the postert vent the chrome goes back past the fingers, so you dont see the black until further back into the vent.

In the end I cut around the chrome fingers to make them like the oem 03 vent (but bling) this involved some very careful trimming with a surgical knife to ensure the finish was spot on.

After removing the black plastic mesh effect from the oem vent I meshed it with ally mesh and bonded the chrome vents on with tigerseal.

a bit tricky but the finished article is to my liking   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23012&item=7930519846&rd=1

Hi Perry its a pic from your car i think,? that they use.

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"Havnt bothered taking any pics.

As thought these bond onto your existing vents, they are designed for 03 vents but I bonded them onto some older vents very kindly supplied by carter (cheers bud!   s:D :D s:D  )

No worries! Glad you found a use for them - the result looks good!

Tim

Tags: