MR2 Top speed

Started by alancdavis, May 20, 2007, 18:58

alancdavis

Just as a thought what is the official top speed ad also 0 to 60 figures for the MR2   s:?: :?: s:?:  

Next question what figures have our members recorded (on private roads of course)   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

northernalex

Quote from: "alancdavis"Just as a thought what is the official top speed ad also 0 to 60 figures for the MR2   s:?: :?: s:?:  

Next question what figures have our members recorded (on private roads of course)   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Times between 6.5 to 7 seconds 0-60 measured using an OBDII interface and an accelertometer.

Before tuning and downpipe with ODBII interface (markiii style inlet pipe + H+S exhaust, and american tuned unichip) 7.4 seconds in wet.

Top speed 10000000000000000000000mph
( lied about some of that)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

I believe the top speed is 130mph but I may be wrong. I have had my car at 147 on a private road verified by road angel.

Liz

My top speed is 70mph!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

VVT-i

Try a unichip  s;) ;) s;)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

red_leicester

Quote from: "Liz"My top speed is 70mph!

But you get there PDQ!
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "Liz"My top speed is 70mph!

Well that wouldn't be much fun on a track...  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

0-60 capture on GPS at 4.5secs  s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

alancdavis

I am sorry,,,but I should have asked what mods gave the increase in accelaration and top speed,,(on private roads of course)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

freak_in_cage

erm- i believe that the top speed is dictated by the gearing. im sure i read somewhere that this gives a VERY theoretical top speed of 164mph in 6th gear. search on this as i may be wrong.

however, as the mr2 doesn; have that kind of power think its more like 125-135mph

pretty sure the guy who claimed 147 had at the least a unichip- giving about 6-8 bhp and also more torque. having said that, an extra 6-8 bhp and smale amount in torque- i doubt that would increase top speed by 15 mph? maybe i have my figures wrong?!

aaronjb

If you mean Simon then he has the TTE Turbo with the SP240 kit judging by his signature.. so a bit more than an extra 6bhp  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

freak_in_cage

Quote from: "aaronjb"If you mean Simon then he has the TTE Turbo with the SP240 kit judging by his signature.. so a bit more than an extra 6bhp  s;) ;) s;)

oh- i did mean simon- sure iot said he has just a unichip!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tem

Quote from: "freak_in_cage"erm- i believe that the top speed is dictated by the gearing. I'm sure i read somewhere that this gives a VERY theoretical top speed of 164mph in 6th gear. search on this as i may be wrong.

Yes, gearing dictates the top speed on any vehicle, if you have the power to reach it in the first place.  s;) ;) s;)

But if you're really into top speed, you can easily get some 10% more with larger tyres. And then some +15% from higher rev limit, if you have a PFC or alike. You'd still have gearing dictated top speed, but you'd need plenty of power to get to that 208mph.  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

firepower

yes but if you increase the tyre size this affects the cars acceleration by reducing it and i feel i would rather have a car with best acceleration    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  than a car with a little more top end that i would hardly ever use . my 0-60 5.7 with a tte turbo stage 1, not tried the top speed
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

Anonymous

I've had 6.6secs with a GPS accelerometer and reached an indicated 145mph on my speedo down a slight incline - so probably more like 135mph.
She gets to 120mph pretty fast but after that it's hard work.

kanujunkie

mine was with a C2, shame it wont do the same performance without the IC  s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

freak_in_cage

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "freak_in_cage"erm- i believe that the top speed is dictated by the gearing. I'm sure i read somewhere that this gives a VERY theoretical top speed of 164mph in 6th gear. search on this as i may be wrong.

Yes, gearing dictates the top speed on any vehicle, if you have the power to reach it in the first place.  s;) ;) s;)

But if you're really into top speed, you can easily get some 10% more with larger tyres. And then some +15% from higher rev limit, if you have a PFC or alike. You'd still have gearing dictated top speed, but you'd need plenty of power to get to that 208mph.  s;) ;) s;)

yeah- i know m8   s:) :) s:)  hence "theoretical" also why 1000bhp veyron hits 254 but a car with half that bhp & similar aerodynamics will hit 210mph!

Anonymous

I think firepower has it right it is more fun going fast round twisties and going from 0-60ish than driving flat out. Top speed does nithing for me really just wanted to see what she could do.

Tem

Quote from: "simonmr2"I think firepower has it right it is more fun going fast round twisties and going from 0-60ish than driving flat out. Top speed does nithing for me really just wanted to see what she could do.

But when you step on the dark side, there comes a time when you wish you had longer gearing, just because you don't have any grip on the first three gears anyway.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

knightRider

Just got back from Germany. Drove the MR2 on the autobahn, top down and managed to get to ~115mph at 5k rpm, the car then really struggled to go any faster. So with the roof up it would probably go faster, but does top down have such an effect?

Also took it to the Ring, great fun, very different to the front engined cars I'm used to!

Tags: