Floor Mats

Started by Anonymous, January 16, 2004, 12:41

Anonymous

As I take delivery of my new MR2 on Tuesday, I'd quite like to keep it in reasonably pristine condition as long as possible. Am I right in thinking that Toyota don't do rubber floor mats for the Roadster? If this is the case, could anyone recommend off the shelf (Halfords?) mats that would fit the Roadster?

Thanks.

Anonymous

You're right, but they do do some nice MR2 normal mats.  I've had mine in for 7 months now and they're fine... and they've got the MR2 on the side and fit perfectly.

Anonymous

I would say get the MR2 ones too - they fit perfectly and look the business! My carpet is spotless underneath too!

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I would say get the MR2 ones too - they fit perfectly and look the business! My carpet is spotless underneath too!

Do you wipe your feet before you get in the car?  s:) :) s:)

Mines's got the odd bit of gravel that rolled round the edges... but as Kris says, spotless underneath.

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice - do the normal MR2 mats come as standard, or are they an extra?

Thanks.

Anonymous

No they are extra, but you can usually get a pair thrown in for nothing. Give it a try!

<edit> this is what they look like if you dont know:  m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/photos/ge ... 300013.jpg m  </edit>

Anonymous

Thanks - I'll try and blag a pair!

Anonymous

yeah I would also definitley recommend the MR2 mats they fit like a glove  s;) ;) s;)  ... also, mine never seem to get muddy really and I dont especially wipe my feet before getting in .. well worth a buy!

Anonymous

Thanks - I think you've convinced me! It's certainly a lot simpler than putting down fresh straw every day  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

darrenjuggins

Point to note:

If they won't throw them in, think about buying them as a pack with the Mud guards, these look nice and buying them both together gets you an additional discount over purchasing them seperately.

just a thought

Cheers

Mr J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

The black mud flaps only look ok on a black car... IMHO. The J-Spec coloured ones are the way to go with any other colour.

darrenjuggins

Nah!

I got them for my silver one and I think they provide a good contrast....

I would say that seeing I bought them and remember I've had it nearly since it came out.
Darren A. Juggins

heathstimpson

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"Nah!

I got them for my silver one and I think they provide a good contrast....

I would say that seeing I bought them and remember I've had it nearly since it came out.
So did I; got the mats and mudguards together as a package on a silver 03 car.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"I got them for my silver one and I think they provide a good contrast....
I agree - I have the black mud flaps on my Chilli Red and they look the business... I did toy with the idea of getting them painted, but decided to put them on first to see how they would look 'au naturel'.  Needless to say I didn't bother with getting them painted...   s8) 8) s8)  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

I agree, the black flaps are a good contrast and I blagged a set of mats no problem for mine.  s:) :) s:)

Liz

I got black mudflaps on the silver car you are outvoted Kris!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

bah, just the people here have no taste!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

darrenjuggins

Woops....

didn't mean to start anything Kris.....

I've always had mud flaps on all my cars and the black satin where the only ones available and they do look nice on the silver....

but I can see the appeal of colour keys ones as well though....

Mr J
Darren A. Juggins

heathstimpson

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"Woops....

didn't mean to start anything Kris.....

I've always had mud flaps on all my cars and the black satin where the only ones available and they do look nice on the silver....

but I can see the appeal of colour keys ones as well though....

Mr J
I've seen some of the colour ones and they blend in well with the car bodywork.

Anonymous

Darren, i think im the opposite... i think mudflaps look terrible and although are very functional ive never had a set on a car as i think they make it look like an old mans car   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Thats why i went for the j-spec ones as you cant really notice them... much more the way i would like it.

Thats just my opinion and it looks like im outvoted anyway - ill get me coat!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Would this be a good time to mention (again) that I got my J-Spec coloured mudguards for free?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Git!
  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Slacey"Would this be a good time to mention (again) that I got my J-Spec coloured mudguards for free?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
How  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:

Slacey

Quote from: "heathstimpson"How  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:
I don't know, they were on the car whan it arrived!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: