second car ?

Started by alancdavis, November 27, 2009, 17:34

alancdavis

OK  please dont rip me to bits ....I need a second car for my bussiness,,,,,dont want to spend a lot so I thouht of this

2002 02 Reg MG ZS 2.5 180
Price:
£2,695

Any sound advice please
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

aluk49

Brilliant!!  Join MGOT at   m http://www.mgs-on-track.com m  , then you can start thinking about modding it   s:D :D s:D

mrzwei

Had a few company Rover 400's, 600's in my time and was always quite impressed - a lot of car for the money as they say. The 2.5 MG will clearly go like shit off a shovel!   Loads around so spares, servicing etc will never be a problem. The smaller engined cars suffered from head gasket problems (think MGF) and service history needs to show a cambelt change. I'd look very seriously at a motor like that.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Anonymous

For that sort of money I'd be getting either a Focus or a Mondeo. Any Focus will be a better drive than the MG, and the Mondeo is more practical and won't fall apart when you look at it. V6 or not, that's still not a car I'd want to own as a second car especially for business, so go for a sorted diesel as it just makes so much more sense.

JudoKilli

I've heard good reviews of the ZS 180...mainly that it pushes well, handles well and sounds very nice. However, having had some experience with a Rover 25 of the same age I can say that I am totally unimpressed with the build quality. Plus, doesn't it look a bit too racey for a business car?

alancdavis

I think it is a V6,,, reserch shows the cam belt change at 40K is a must and also to keep a good check on the coolant levels

As it will be mainly moterway miles this is why I fancy the bit of a sporty pedigree
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

markiii

V6 is a gem of an engine and never suffered from HGF to my knowledge
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

loadswine

I've always quite liked the look and sound of them personally.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

alancdavis

So I guess its a thumbs up ..............  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

enid_b

if it is for business, will you be meeting clients in it, or arriving at their premises in it?

not wanting to be a snob, and certainly not suggesting you get a maybech (sp?) but personally it does not promote a 'successful and positive image'

for the money, its bang on though.  mmmm v6 goodness.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

If it's only motorway miles then why bother with a thirsty petrol engine? Surely you'd be better off with something more comfortable and frugal?

wbarrwebster

Hi,

I looked at the MGZS smaller engined one, and the Jap engined V6 sometime ago before I bought the Honda Accord.

As has been said, build quality a wee bit questionable, head problems on the smaller one but that can be fixed using the Land Rover devised multilayed head gasket (£300-£400ish at the right garage)and the low water audio warning headed tank modification which dosn't cost a fortune. (£85ish you fit)

The JAP V6 engine is nice but has an issue which has something to do with the manifold from memory,not that cheap to fix either. I'd do a bit of research if only to be in a situation to ask the right questions.

When Rover numbers were droping and the obviously couldn't afford a new model  IMHO they kept adding bits the existing cars to update them, some of the bits were ok, others were very questionable like the daft big spoiler on the 180... awee bit OTT, more than a bit chavvy.

The best of the bunch was the MGZT with the BMW 2.0 Oil burner, ok not the fastest and the styling isn't to everybodys taste but just a bloody good car and vastly underrated IMHO!

B
W. B. Webster

carl_evs

I got a second car for work - an L plate Mondeo Estate with 76,000 on the clock (genuine too it seems as well) for 550 notes on the road!!!

It does have a few 'issues', but nothing major. Found at the auctions and a complete steal. My bro picked up a 1.5L diesel Clio with a few marks on the bumpers etc for £1200. Not much money to sort out and £35 a year for road tax - it drives like a dream!!!
Depends what work you do and what you're looking for I suppose. A V6 is a bit thirsty for a second car - depends what miles your doing I suppose!!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

Tags: