Toyota Part Number?

Started by AckersMR2, March 15, 2012, 15:11

AckersMR2

Does anyone know what the Toyota part number is for a facelift front bumper lower passenger side grill piece?

I went to MrT this morning and after an extensive search through their parts database it seems the part does not exist? Although the centre piece does? They have ordered the only piece on the database but we both suspect when it turns up it will be for the 99-02 model bumper.
Mine is cracked in a couple of places, nothing missing, so if cheap enough I was going to replace it but it looks like I might be getting the Aroldite out instead.
I shall pop a note on the wanted forum incase anyones got one lying around they don't want but i'm not looking to pay much for it.
My only car is a Ducati 

ekimq

Using toyodiy.com (why did they take off the diagrams?) I think the front grill is a pack of parts; try 53111‑17020

HTH
Mike
The sun is out, get your top off!

Goeman

Might be 53113-17010

m http://www.mr2roc.org/Repository/misc/referencelib ... tslist.pdf m

Edit: Sorry, ignore. I didn't read the first post properly.
Russell

trevsmr2

Any of the bits on here ?

[Mod] Image removed. The Club has been advised in no uncertain terms that images from this source may not be reproduced here[/Mod]

nathanMR2

Isnt the left and right side actually part of the bumper?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

AckersMR2

Quote from: "ekimq"Using toyodiy.com (why did they take off the diagrams?) I think the front grill is a pack of parts; try 53111‑17020

HTH
that what I thought but on the diagram in the shop it only shows the centre piece and the guy said its too cheap for it to contain 3 pieces.

On the diagram of the older bumper there are 3 pieces with their own order numbers. Although now seeing that they are €40 each, I didn't think they'd be more than a tenner!

As said maybe they are counted as part of the actual bumper assembly maybe they are pieces that are plastic welded to the bumper somehow during manufacturer? Although D!ck's selling them? I'll have to take a look.

I think I'll be getting the aroldite out?

Thanks all for your input.
My only car is a Ducati 

FGrob

Quote from: "AckersMR2"
Quote from: "ekimq"Using toyodiy.com (why did they take off the diagrams?) I think the front grill is a pack of parts; try 53111‑17020

HTH
that what I thought but on the diagram in the shop it only shows the centre piece and the guy said its too cheap for it to contain 3 pieces.

On the diagram of the older bumper there are 3 pieces with their own order numbers. Although now seeing that they are €40 each, I didn't think they'd be more than a tenner!

As said maybe they are counted as part of the actual bumper assembly maybe they are pieces that are plastic welded to the bumper somehow during manufacturer? Although D!ck's selling them? I'll have to take a look.

I think I'll be getting the aroldite out?

Thanks all for your input.

Part no 53111-17020 is the center section from a facelift bumper, the two outer parts are part of the actual bumper so you would need to remove them from a salvaged one and glue it back on, not sure how good a fit you will get though as I think it's all part of the bumper molding.

Just to let you know Toyodiy still has the drawings on but you need to be a member to see them, you can even search by part number now which is very good.

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

AckersMR2

Thanks for that, I'll let Toyota know tomorrow not to bother ordering the part they think it might be as clearly its not it, and I'll get on with mixing the Aroldite!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
My only car is a Ducati 

ekimq

Quote from: "FGrob"Just to let you know Toyodiy still has the drawings on but you need to be a member to see them, you can even search by part number now which is very good.

Rob.

So I see. But remember Toyodiy is like fight club, and the first rule of fight club...
Mike
The sun is out, get your top off!

AckersMR2

Quote from: "FGrob"Just to let you know Toyodiy still has the drawings on but you need to be a member to see them, you can even search by part number now which is very good.

Rob.

Ive registered with Toyodiy but still can't see the diagrams?
My only car is a Ducati 

FGrob

Rob.

I remember I was invited by Toyodiy to re-join some years back so that might be the reason why, if you need help with a part number just drop me a PM.

I think the biggest issue is copyright hence they limit who has access to the drawings.

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

trevsmr2

Quote from: "FGrob"

Rob.

I remember I was invited by Toyodiy to re-join some years back so that might be the reason why, if you need help with a part number just drop me a PM.

I think the biggest issue is copyright hence they limit who has access to the drawings.

Rob.
If you search by part number ,it also shows other Toyota cars which have the same part ,brilliant

Goeman

I might have turned up something. If you look at the Japanese spec MR-S on ToyoDIY it lists a left and right grill insert for the front bumper.

Edit: Never mind. I've a mental block when it comes to this thread.
Russell

Tags: