PO100 error code. maf or vaf a circuit malfunction

Started by VVT-i, May 13, 2015, 21:12

VVT-i

On my way home from work.. about 1 mile from home, I pulled out of a junction and accelerated away, got to 3rd gear (just normal driving.. no stupid stuff) and the car juddered, EML came on and no power at all, I pulled over and the car cut out. I restarted the car and it sat at Idle.. not a good Idle, but not that rough either, I pulled away gently and all seemed fine, I then put the foot down a little heavier and got some juddering, so I eased off and just limped along.. AFR's were poor, over fueling.

I read the code when I got home and PO100 came up,(p0100 maf or vaf a circuit malfunction) Removed and cleaned the MAF , upon putting everything back together, I notice a descent sized hole in my Inter-cooler pipe which has obviously came from where my airfilter has been rubbing on it for the last 8 years and eroded it away... hopefully either a weld or a replacement pipe will cure it. I'm sure a big vac leak like this will also cause the error.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Anonymous

I agree, a bit air leak like that will cause poor running. Get that fixed before wasting time diagnosing anything else

Anonymous

Be worth checking maf resistances as well as it wont normally bring up a code on the maf unless its got an open circuit.

VVT-i

Came across this online...
----------------------------------------
Code P0100 is set when the data output from this critical sensor becomes erratic or disappears.

Symptoms

Check Engine Light will illuminate
Engine runs poorly
Vehicle may stall and/or hesitate on acceleration
Poor fuel mileage
In some cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed

Common Problems That Trigger the P0100 Code

The MAF Sensor is unplugged or the wiring is damaged
Loose or corroded electrical terminals in the MAF Sensor circuit
Faulty MAF Sensor

Common Misdiagnosis

MAF Sensor replaced when the cause of code P0100 is a defective connector and/or wiring harness
MAF Sensor replaced when the cause of code P0100 is a vacuum leak
MAF Sensor replaced when the cause of code P0100 is a misfiring engine

The part I have highlighted is obviously what I'm hoping for.

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

VVT-i

Hole welded, car running sweet again  s:) :) s:)

Wabbitkilla

Big relief, just shows that small things can cause lots of trouble ( no pun on your size Davey   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

VVT-i

Small things can also cause a lot of pleasure.. pun intended about my size  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: