car kit

Started by alancdavis, March 2, 2006, 13:35

alancdavis

how about this

m http://www.halerconcepts.com/english/exotikcar.htm m

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

alancdavis

or even this    s8) 8) s8)  

m http://www.mr2kit.com/ m
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Ah I've actually seen one of these in the flesh.
Now my opinion may have been tainted by the fact that the guy who owned it appeared to be an absolute tosser.

He was driving up and down the cardiff sea front last summer posing, music blaring. Walking back to my car I saw it parked up, a few kids taking photos, him looking well chuffed- I am no expert on Ferrari pedigree but it didn't look or sound quite right and then I noticed the toyota marked window glass.
He wasn't too impressed when I pointed out to him and his posse of new groupies that it was just an MR2 body kit.

Anyone buying one of these would in my book be a bit of a sad wannabe. I can't see the point on blowing £5,000 on some bodykit to make your car look like the ferrari you can never hope to afford.
You could spend that sort of money on a turbo kit for the mr2 and have some serious fun rather than trying to impress teenage girls and gullible fools. Besides the embarrasment at every set of lights would be unbearable.

alancdavis

Shall I buy the genuine artical then    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

or shall I be faithfull to the 2    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

edward.carter

Now the 355 kits on the mk2 i do like because they are the right size and fit. Those are obviusly nowhere near the right size so in my opinion look daft, mini 360, nahhhh

leon_in_uk

does any1 no how much difference in size there is?

360 is massive and mr2 is tiny. and how much heavier would it make the mr2?
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

edward.carter

saw some pics a while ago, with people stood by it at a car show. it is literally the same size as the mr2 and no where near as big as the real 360!

philster_d

But that bodykit a 2zz and a turbo and surely you would qualify for all the breaks of a full kit car.

Philster.

Liz

I am sorry, that is a sad thing to do, you can either afford the real thing or you can't - end of !
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

peppyuk

Have to say they look dreadful, looks nothing like a real one, and the old 355 kitted Mk2's are just laughable! I pitty anyone gulable/stupid enough to do this to an already perfectly good motor car.
\'In a state of mental numbness\'

ninjinski

You wanna kit I give you THE kit!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

I'm in love   s:D :D s:D

dreambackup

I do agree: if you're to spend a lot of money to modify the car, just go for a wide body kit that'll look like your car only better  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

TRD, APR, BRS, whatever you like...  s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  

plus a nice paint job plus some horses to go along with the looks...  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

a 4 pot Ferrari look alike just isn't half a V8 Ferrari... it's far worse than that  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

leon_in_uk

Quote from: "ninjinski"You wanna kit I give you THE kit!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

fuck me in the ass thats mint.. is that your exact car???
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

edward.carter

m http://www.aprperformance.com/proddesc. ... egoryID=81 m

plenty more pics of it there

ninjinski

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"
Quote from: "ninjinski"You wanna kit I give you THE kit!   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

f**k me in the ass thats mint.. is that your exact car???

I wish!!  s8) 8) s8)  

**edit** I wish it was my car not the other bit of the sentence**edit**  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  whew   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

alancdavis

Looks like negitive responce for the plastic fur ra ree    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

philster_d

I would love a carbon strip like that along the front to protect the fibreglass of any kit (nasty speedbumps)

/Phil.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"I would love a carbon strip like that along the front to protect the fibreglass of any kit (nasty speedbumps)

/Phil.

eeeeeerrrrrrr no Phil thats a splitter
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

as long as its CF i dont mind, and I could sharpen it for when i run over old peole.

Phil

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"as long as its CF i dont mind, and I could sharpen it for when i run over old peole.

Phil

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Never been into body kits but this is very nice  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

This one-----------AIRFIX

alancdavis

That bit of AIRFIX will cost in the region of £22.500 on the road  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "alancdavis"That bit of AIRFIX will cost in the region of £22.500 on the road  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

It's still not possible to make a silk purse out of a sows ear though  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

philster_d

But you could buy some silk and make a purse around the ear ?

Tags: