New Urgent question on Custom Leather.....

Started by Anonymous, January 4, 2004, 17:59

Anonymous

Hi All,

I've just ordered my new MR2 with custom leather which I need to decide on asap but unfortunately the Toyota dealer can't get a leather swatch or even some decent pictures of the colour options.......really useful!

I've ordered the car in Sable (dark metallic greyish colour) and really don't know what colour combination to go for.  Does anyone know where I can find out what colours will look best with a sable car?

The car is apparently going to be delivered next week so I need to let them know asap.

Any help will be greatly received

thanks
Loz

PS any bikers on this forum??

Anonymous

if you can get the old style red leather then go for that.dont go for the new style red as it looks rather pink.
otherwise have a look on the toyota web site,and design your own car,you should be able to view the interior colours on that.

Anonymous

I would think the black & grey interior like what you can get in the Celica would look good... thats just my opinion though!   s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Quote from: "Lozaah"I've ordered the car in Sable (dark metallic greyish colour) and really don't know what colour combination to go for.  Does anyone know where I can find out what colours will look best with a sable car?
SteveJ has custom leather, he might be worth asking via a PM, TBH I think darker colours will suit the Sable better - I have a black car with red leather which looks great, I'm not sure how it would look with the sable  s:? :? s:?  

Quote from: "Lozaah"PS any bikers on this forum??
Yep, me, SiverMSD2 and a couple of others, but not many really. I ride a '99 ZX6-R, what you got?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

QuotePS any bikers on this forum??

Yes, sold my Fireblade August 03 still got the use of my sons bike Kawasaki Ninja 750 not as comfortable as Blade but OK.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
Yep, me, SiverMSD2 and a couple of others, but not many really. I ride a '99 ZX6-R, what you got?

Thanks for the advice on the custom leather!

I've got a '99 R6, a 1990 VFR400 (currently being converted into a race bike for first race in March  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ) and a Gas Gas Pampera.

I like bikes   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "jonboy"if you can get the old style red leather then go for that.dont go for the new style red as it looks rather pink.
otherwise have a look on the toyota web site,and design your own car,you should be able to view the interior colours on that.

That's exactly what I thought Toyota would let you do - give all the colour options on their site but I can't find anything on it!  I tried toyota.dk and can view the exterior colours but that's about it.

I'm going to call Toyota UK tomorrow......

Thanks for the advice  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lozaah"That's exactly what I thought Toyota would let you do - give all the colour options on their site but I can't find anything on it!  I tried toyota.dk and can view the exterior colours but that's about it.

I'm going to call Toyota UK tomorrow......

Thanks for the advice  s:D :D s:D

No ive had a look on their web site too - they used to show swatches of the interiour but looks like they have had a funky redesign on the car details pages and have removed it (or at least hidden it well!)

Anonymous

thats how i decided on what colour combination to have mine.havnt been on there site for the best part of a year,sorry i didnt realise they had removed the option.  s:( :( s:(

heathstimpson

I am but have not currently got my own bike  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

SteveJ

Lorraine,

Do you know who will be retrimming the car - if possible I would suggest meeting them to see them 'in action' and if possible take a look at their previous work.

I did this with A1 in Letchworth who have retrimmed two '2's for me over the last 12 months, and both of them have been absolutlely stunning.

The first car was Astral Black, and I opted for Charcoal and Magnolia leather for the seats (Charcoal around the outside with the center panels in magnolia.) To match this, the door panels (the small rectangular section near the top) were covered with magnolia leather along with the arm rests. All of the dealers that saw it were absolutely amazed at how good it looked, and it resulted in quite a lot of repeat business.

My current car is Lagoon Blue, and has been trimmed with Silver Grey leather which against the blue is absolutely stunning. Again the doors have been trimmed to match.

One thing I would say is looking at colour swatches just doesn't give you a true idea of what the finished article will look like - get yourself along to the trimmers and take a look at the full hides before making your decision. If possible try to borrow a sable car from the dealer at the same time or wait until your car is delivered to the dealer and make the decision then.

Good luck.

Anonymous

Thanks Steve,

I didn't realise that it wasn't a factory fitted option!  The dealer is supposed to be calling me tomorrow so I'll ask them who will be fitting the leather and hopefully I can get to see some examples

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lozaah"Hi All,

I've just ordered my new MR2 with custom leather which I need to decide on asap but unfortunately the Toyota dealer can't get a leather swatch or even some decent pictures of the colour options.......really useful!

I've ordered the car in Sable (dark metallic greyish colour) and really don't know what colour combination to go for.  Does anyone know where I can find out what colours will look best with a sable car?

The car is apparently going to be delivered next week so I need to let them know asap.

Any help will be greatly received

thanks
Loz

PS any bikers on this forum??

Tags: