Painting the black bits !

Started by Anonymous, January 15, 2004, 21:49

Anonymous

Ive seen on various sites that some people have painted . although if i was to go that line it would pohe "black bits" on their 2. The pics i have seen of this look pretty sweet. i was wondering if anyone here has doe it and if so how easy / hard it was to do. is there any special paint you need or do any old halfords sell the stuff. does the finish look ok or would it be bette rgetting it done proffesionally (although if i go this way itll probably be cheeper to order the 03 side vents)

Anonymous

Which black bits would that be? My Yellow 2 has lots of black bits ranging from the number plate holder, the air vents, tyres to almost the complete inside. Not forgetting the roof!

Anonymous

the vents and the head light surrounds

Slacey

For the vents, you could paint them, or you could get in on the '03 vent GB here, the headlight surrounds need balls and an oven (in that order!) to do.

Just noticed that you are aware of the GB.. doh!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I have had all my grey/black plastics sprayed by a bodyshop. As stated above you need balls to do your headlights cos if you get it wrong you will be buying new ones  s:!: :!: s:!:  

You can see pic here:

http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=858&start=0

The bodyshop made me split the headlights before they sprayed them as they didn't feel confident enough to do it without damage. The other big point is you have to reseal them properly or they will let water in.

Anonymous

hey having the headlight surrounds painted looks absolutley awesome!  That makes your car look fantastic!

Tags: