Alarm Sounder

Started by Anonymous, December 14, 2003, 18:18

Anonymous

I'm interested in fitting an additional alarm sounder,  
I've actually purchased a 100dB 12v sounder.
Simple enough at that end, just one red and one black wire !
But I have been musing over the installation.
Can anyone offer any assistance ?

Thanks in advance.

Slacey

Mine (aftermarket alarm) is positioned under the plastic dust cover to the right side of the luggage bin, there seems to be plenty of room for it there.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Arh this is my littel babby right the 100 db one is legal for outside the car and can be position below the cover in teh font of the car and make some air hole above for better sound travel

BUT

and i wouldnt tell any old bill this but buy a 150db siren and palce this under the dash and link this in to the alarm this will not only make it inposible for nayone to drive the car away but adds extra sound to the other siren !   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Is this quite easy to do - fit an additinal siren ?  Does anyone have any install pics ?  and wiring guide ?

Anonymous

I guess mod'ing the alarm would invalidate any Thatcham Class 1ness about the alarm unless you get it recertified... and so it would be a very very good idea to tell you insurance company and pay any extras, 'cause otherwise if you car was stolen, they could say you'd changed the alarm to a lower spec one than they were assuming, and not cover you.

Anonymous

it wouldnt effect any of the CAT1'ness about the alarm as it states that to be CAT1 the siren has to be at least 90DB and flush the reperters!

So increaeing the loudness of the siren will not effect the warrenty

But good point tho if anyone had thought of it

Also to wire it up in responce to the other question is a simple case of connecting it up to the other siren i.e the PINK wire and giving it a new power source fused of course   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Has anyone actually tried moving the existing sounder to a better position? if so did this make it a lot louder?

was tersting the interior sensor today with the top down and at first I didnt realise the alarm had actually gone off!

Anonymous

better off buying a new sieren perry save moving stuff around.

Anonymous

Buster - where can i get hold of the sirens ?

Anonymous

any ICE retailer or drop Clifford or Lazer line a Email, asking for one of there sirens but sorry dont have email address for them  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"and i wouldnt tell any old bill this but buy a 150db siren and palce this under the dash and link this in to the alarm this will not only make it inposible for nayone to drive the car away but adds extra sound to the other siren !   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Hey Buster.

I'm curious what the official word is on this subject actually... is the 150db siren contravening some kind of "disturbing the peace" law? Or something to do with it being inside the cabin?

If some buggers broke into my car, I'd want to make the interior cabin the most unpleasant place they'd ever been in!! Bursting their ear-drums would be just a start!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Tim

Anonymous

Not sure on this, buster the best man.

However I think there is a law on the db outside the vehicle.  So I think you can have a loud bugger inside (designed to destroy scroats ear drums) as long as its no louder than 100db outside?

Anonymous

the laws applie to inside the car as well as you can be pulleed over in Southend due to exesive noise polution when we do teh sound off's

The reg's say that 100db is the max for car alarem sirens and the copper pull me over for over 145db and give me fine ! so the lesson is dont play loud music around the officals !

but as hopefully the car will never get broken into and the 2's alarm sounds for 5 mins then resets i dont think you will get in trouble !

But i have sean in america a alarm siren that produces 174db which will make the theif deaf!!!

but i wont install it as just incase the alarm gose off with the roof down and you are near by it LO it would be funny tho   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

You'd probably need to put suitable visible warnings on the car too... so as to warn the theif that they may get damaged... otherwise the deaf theif could probably sue you (yep, it's a great country this!).

Anonymous

yeah just put it in realy small print at teh bottom of teh window LOL

Tags: