MR-S Immobiliser

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2004, 09:38

Anonymous

Can someone tell me if an mr-s has an immobiliser as standard?  I had a cat 1 alarm fitted last year and was wondering if it was a 2-1 upgrade or not.

I got the information at home but need it asap for a insurance quote!

Thanks,

Viggs

Slacey

I think that they have an immobiliser straight from the factory, but could be wrong - Adam is the expert on this one....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"I think that they have an immobiliser straight from the factory, but could be wrong - Adam is the expert on this one....

I thought the japanese imports didn't have one...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

SteveJ

No imobiliser is fitted to the J-Spec cars (it's actually a function of the engine ECU in non-JSpec cars)

Peter Wright

There is an imobiliser fitted to all J-Spec cars
Where you have to push the clutch in fully to engage the starter motor

Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

GSB

Different thing entirely, thats just a safety function to stop you starting in gear. Important in car parks as cramped as japanese ones!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Peter Wright

Quote from: "GSB"Different thing entirely, thats just a safety function to stop you starting in gear. Important in car parks as cramped as japanese ones!
Oh sh*t I told the insurance company it had one
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

You can make an immobilizer (immobiliser to you) and ECU resetter for practically nothing.  See this post on SC, start reading at last paragraph, then the next 2 or 3 posts.  http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12400&start=77  All you need is a keyswitch and some wire.

Anonymous

Thanks all, It's now sorted! no immobiliser on j-spec and my alarm is a cat 1 not 2-1 upgrade!

Cheers,

Viggs

Tags: