cheap-as-chips audio install (update Sub added)

Started by stargazer30, June 25, 2015, 16:06

vx220

Quote from: "vx220"I'm thinking about one of these...

m http://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/car-audio ... r-amp.html m

...taking those power figures with a pinch of salt!

Finally went with a Pioneer GMA3602, easy fit in the passenger side compartment or behind the seat on the carpeted area.

I'd prefer it behind the seat from a ventilation point of view,  but the cubby seems preferable from the point of view of passenger legroom

Regarding ventilation,  a few reviews of this amp make note of its cool running, and it will only be driving the component speakers (high-pass at 80hz or so)

I was thinking of making a perforated cover for the amp, so that there was always some airspace around it? Maybe a fan?

Any comments on amps in cubby set-up?

Cheers

vx220

Amp is mounted, RAIN has stopped play...

Maz_craft

Hi there, just wondering how did you get the stock speaker off the door cards? As mine seems to be stuck onto it

vx220

The door card comes off, which should leave what looks like a plastic spacer with the speaker in it. The speaker is part of this spacer, but once you undo the three screws that hold it to the inner door skin you'll see that you can cut the legs that hold the magnet and then tear out the paper cone and surround. Then clean up the edge of the spacer, and use it to mount your new speakers

Inneraxe

Keep trying to get on with mine, I've got the drivers door sound deadened and I've done the rear firewall and all inside the rear storage area. Every time I think I'll go and make a start either something else needs sorting around the house or as it's so cold and yuck outside I can't be bothered.

I used to install car audio for a living many years ago now, so I have amassed a fair pile of decent kit I can delve into. I know what I want to do pretty much but it's going to be so long winded I haven't dived in yet.  s:( :( s:(
You can\'t always fix stupid, but you can usually shut it up with a 2x4.

Tags: