Tyre suppliers and prices recommendation

Started by Wabbitkilla, April 29, 2006, 15:11

Wabbitkilla

Im currently running oem BS Potenzas on my 03 facelift.
i.e 15" front 16" rear.

After reading around here and searching regarding tyres there's plenty opinion about what's good and what's bad. It seems the RE040 is the best, ahem, compromise!

But the prices i'm seeing on internet suppliers is over £100ea for the rears.
Well that's fine & dandy but being from the North with Yorkshire and Scottish blood in my veins i'd like to get a bit more value for money (read - i'm stingy, but what's wrong with that if you still get the proper product).

And i read with interest people on here getting tyres for far less than that, so in an attempt to help eveyrone i ask everyone to give details of the suppliers they've used and the prices they've managed to pay for tyres.

Maybe this would be an opportuntiy to add a suppliers link at the top of the page listing where we as members can get a good deal?

Only a suggestion!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Deacon

I'm looking at changeing my wheels and tyres at the moment and  w www.camskill.co.uk w  seem to be very well priced. Other places are  w www.mytyres.co.uk w ,  w www.blackcircles.com w  and  w www.pneus-online.co.uk w  which is a very informative tyre site.

HTH,

Deacon
Ex - 2005 55 Black MR2 with Hardtop and AC. Mods so far - Rear de-badged, front J-Spec badge, TTE Springs, TRD Shift knob, Pioneer DEHP77MP H/U, Black Rota Slipstreams 17" rear 16" front with Toyo T1R\'s, Forged wheel nuts

Now - 56 Black Suzuki Swift Sport - Mods inevitably to follow....

Anonymous

Id recommend blackcircles purchased a set of toyo t1s for my VR6, excellent prices. You order fitted and theyll locate the closest garage to you, then its just a case of driving there and your tyres are fitted while you wait.

philster_d

I use my tyres every time.

but you have to bung the guy at kwik fit a 50   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twist"Id recommend blackcircles purchased a set of toyo t1s for my VR6, excellent prices.
Really?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

When getting tyres for my other car, Blackcircles wanted £45/tyre more than two local places.

enid_b

anyone using these?  

Falken ZE 512

on offer at blackcircles at the mo  48.55 a corner (mail order)

i think unless i hear otherwise i will be going for the Toyo's everyone else seems to rave about em.

still runin stock tyres at the mo.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

enid_b

did i say something wrong?
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Slacey

The ZE512's are pretty good tyres - I nearly went with them instead of the T1-R's I eventually bought (only due to price). I still have a set of these on my 17's and they were great - good wet weather grip and progressive in the dry - held up well on track too. I'd definitely recommend them as a Toyo alternative.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Going to be getting some new tyres, so i was going to get them from mytyres. Does anybody know if its better to phone them or to use the internet site?!

DannyN

I've got Michelin's on Nick, from Costco.
Fitted @ about £75 a corner
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Chris_h

Quote from: "bossman23780"Going to be getting some new tyres, so i was going to get them from mytyres. Does anybody know if its better to phone them or to use the internet site?!

I tried this trick (also being a skinflint) and thought there may be a bit of wriggle room if I slipped into the conversation 'ooh, you're a bit more than blackcircles'. Sadly to no avail....

But I did all the research and Mytyres were the best for post 03 (using 215/40/16 rear) by a good few quid. Getting them fitted can be a pain - most of the big chains refuse point blank.

Nick,

I did the research on POts, before buying the Toyos. Sadly they are getting hard to get hold of and the price you have is probably by far the best. You may wriggle a few ££, but no big savings - sorry. (I even phoned a number of  T dealers - most did not have stock and said OE tyres - esp rears, were increasingly difficult to get hold of, possibly
stopped making them).

Enid,

Come on a C&F blat with me and see what you think of my Toyos (if you can keep up that is   s:D :D s:D  ).  I am happy with them now.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

mytyres are definitly the cheapest place for the tyres i need but i just want them mail ordered so i can get someone i trust to fit them!

I just need to know if its easier and better to speak to someone rather than use the online order function?!

Chris_h

Quote from: "bossman23780"mytyres are definitly the cheapest place for the tyres i need but i just want them mail ordered so i can get someone i trust to fit them!

I just need to know if its easier and better to speak to someone rather than use the online order function?!

Ah right - I was thinking everyone was as tight as me!

In my experience, the online order was totally painless. They email to confirm delivery date. I can't say what it is like to order over the phone, but in my opinion, the online process was excellent - fast and easy to understand.

Chris
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

Kool!

Now i have someone to blame if it goes wrong!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Chris_h

Quote from: "bossman23780"Kool!

Now i have someone to blame if it goes wrong!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

No worries! you'll be sliding about for the next few weeks on your new Toyos, so no chance of catching me! even with that big turbo..

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

No, i will be sliding on the Michelin Pilot SPORT's, but then you just wait till after those few weeks   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

rtbiscuit

i dealt with them on both the internet and the phone.

they rang me to confirm i wanted 2 different tyre sizes,   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

it is far easier to deal withthem on the internet, the lady i spoke to didn't speak very good english, and she did worry me cos  i thought she might change my order.

but all turned out fine.

they don't tend to budge on price,

as for fitting avoid kwikfit like the plague, they are well over priced for alot of things. i had mine fitted balanced, and laser alined for £50

kwikfit would be £70 to have the alignment as well.

i used mytyres, the one in braintree is very good, he knows his cars, and deals with other members on here.

locals i know but you may find someone can recomend one near you
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

Thats the thing that confused me, on your selected tyres it wont let me put the two different tyres for the rear and front?! did you do two order forms?!

Chris_h

Quote from: "bossman23780"Thats the thing that confused me, on your selected tyres it wont let me put the two different tyres for the rear and front?! did you do two order forms?!

Ah right!

Yes I did - that confused me too. Bit of a bad design as it will only let you order one type/size at a time.

I had to do 2 seperate orders and they sent me 2 invoices. I was thinking how inefficient it was on their part as I imagined their system hadn't twigged the orders were combined. They arrived togther though.

Sorry, forgot about that bit - it all works well though  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

did they phone you?!

rtbiscuit

i'm sure i put mine through as one order.  s:? :? s:?
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

ive been on the site and tried several times but there appears to be no way of saving the selected tyres, it goes straight to the buy now option!

Chris_h

I just bought 2 at a time in completely seperate orders - it had the same desired effect

Anonymous

Well, just order mine in the same way you did Chris, in two orders, lets see what happens   s:) :) s:)

Tags: