17" performance tyres...

Started by Tem, August 19, 2006, 00:03

Tem

Has there really been no subject about these, or are my search skills fading?  s:? :? s:?  Plenty of talk about what fits and looks good though.

Anyone know of a good performance tyre that's available at say 205/40/17 and 225/35/17 or something similar? I'd rather keep the diameter close to stock and avoid 225/40/17 at the back.

And by performance I mean something along the lines of Potenza S03 or preferably better. So sorry, T1-S is out, not that it even had proper sizes anyway.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

(I know, I know, 17" and performance doesn't mix, but they look too good and I'll try to keep as much of the performance as I can)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Michelin Pilot Sports, Pirelli P Zeros or Hankook K104's according to mytryes.co.uk I'm on cheapo Marangoni Zeta's not bad but just ok, not going to bin them yet though because mytryes made a mistake I've go 4 rears when I only ordered 2!

VVT-i

As we all know the standard car comes with Yokohama tyres and the handling is (imo) very good.. so with this in mind i went on a hunt for an equivilant tyre in 17". After going through the usual suspects, Toyo, GoodyearF1's.. i had a look on the Yokohama website to see if there was a performance tyre for the 2.. and it said that i should be going for Yokohame Parada Spec2.. I now have them fitted and the car still handles very well.. I have got 205/40x17 F and 215/40x17 R.. worth pricing up from the various places online.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Tem

Quote from: "kj"Michelin Pilot Sports, Pirelli P Zeros or Hankook K104's according to mytryes.co.uk

Ah, seems tirerack.com doesn't list all sizes.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Better check the sizes from manufacturers sites I guess..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Ok finally wore down these Marangoni's, just wondering has anyone any recomendations for tyres in 205/40r17 and 225/35r17 sizes?

Gofaster

Quote from: "kj"Ok finally wore down these Marangoni's, just wondering has anyone any recomendations for tyres in 205/40r17 and 225/35r17 sizes?

My Hankook K104's (205/40/17 and 225/35/17) held up fine for the way I drive, good in the wet and under braking.
Rears about 25% left and front 50% + at this stage..., I'm thinking of going for Falken's next...
" No Honey, thats always been on my car"

Tags: