Spyder neon sign

Started by Anonymous, December 10, 2003, 12:36

Anonymous

I got my hands on a picture of a "Spyder" logo in blue neon placed on the windshield, made it look cool and uniqe, but i cant seem to find it anywhere on the web. Anyone know where to get one of these?

I'm also looking for a "spyder" emblem in chrome to place on the back of the car, or a MR-S chrome emblem.

Any help would be nice.

First post  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Hi Saus and welcome...

This is the only neon Spyder thing I have seen, and it was custom made, it's not commercially available -

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6085 m

As for the other badges, the Spyder one is from the States and the MR-S is Japanese - I think your local dealer can get them with the right part number... try a search on here, or our resident parts master Tem will probably be a long shortly...   s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

That neon spyder thingy looks (IMHO) really cool.  I do know however that it would probably bug the crap out of me seeing it in my rearview all the time.

MRMike

I'm glad someone brought up Neons...I know i'm gonna get flamed but i think a red Neon bar on the drip plate under the engine cover slats would look really cool...it would look like i have some sort of nuclear reactor back there..i bet the wiring would be an arse though...
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Tem

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"red Neon bar on the drip plate under the engine cover slats would look really cool

Actually tried that for fun some time ago...doesn't really work, cause the light keeps showing around the edges of the hood and under the car as well...maybe, just maybe, if you sealed it to only light the slats...but that would turn the engine bay in a high temp oven  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"I'm glad someone brought up Neons...I know i'm gonna get flamed but i think a red Neon bar on the drip plate under the engine cover slats would look really cool...it would look like i have some sort of nuclear reactor back there..i bet the wiring would be an arse though...

Na the wiresing is simpley 2 wires from the neon + & - and then connecting it up the ACC from teh headunit and a in line switch simple   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Oh and exteria neons will be able to cope with the heat and damp   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Not that i have done it to other spyders LOL   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

LeeUK

The best way to mount a neon would be to remove the drip tray and fix it vertically in the gap between the vents (Hard to explain in words!)  Although this is not the time of year to go removing the drip tray as your engine will get rather wet!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Tem

Quote from: "LeeUK"Although this is not the time of year to go removing the drip tray as your engine will get rather wet!

If you ever drive on wet road, the engine will get wetter than it ever could from standing in rain without the drip tray...

LeeUK

Why do we have drip trays then?   s:? :? s:?  

My engine is never wet   s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "LeeUK"Why do we have drip trays then?   s:? :? s:?  

My engine is never wet   s8) 8) s8)
Its the tray under the grill on the hood to stop your engine getting wet I believe.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tem

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "LeeUK"Why do we have drip trays then?
Its the tray under the grill on the hood to stop your engine getting wet I believe.

Yeah, it's that grill.

Who knows why it's there. I wouldn't be surprised if it's there to hide the scary mechanical parts from eyes  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Maybe it's trying to keep rain off the manifold...it can't really protect the engine, cause the engine isn't under it. Maybe it's there to prevent ppl having sex on the car...cause once you take it off the hood is cool enough to lay on even after a hard drive  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"Maybe it's there to prevent ppl having sex on the car...cause once you take it off the hood is cool enough to lay on even after a hard drive  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Hmmmm.... maybe removing the drip tray would alleviate some of the pressure my bonnet is having to endure!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

GSB

Another reason for the drip tray is to prevent thieving scumbags from simply bending the slats and gaining access to the bonet release mech.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "GSB"Another reason for the drip tray is to prevent thieving scumbags from simply bending the slats and gaining access to the bonet release mech.

Never thought of that. Although the drip pan looks like it's easy to force off your way as well, but then again the average thief doesn't know that.

I guess it also gives visual safety. If a thief can't see the TRD bar or turbokit, he assumes there's only a Corolla engine in the bay and has no interest to steal it...

Tags: