Where to get red cloth?

Started by Tem, January 14, 2004, 08:40

Tem

I bought the red stock seat covers some time ago from someone in here and recently installed them. Now I noticed that the door inserts looks SO out of place (still being black).

Apparently Toyota only sells the whole door plastic cover thingie and you can't get just the piece of cloth separately. Also tried to ask some local car interior shops without much success.

Any ideas where to find a piece of similar cloth to do the doors? Original ones, or just some general piece, doesn't matter (I have scissors  s8) 8) s8) )
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Could be worth trying a few Haberdasheries  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  or textile stores, they might have something close enough to look good?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"Haberdasheries

What's that?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I did try some textile stores, but I didn't find anything useful...

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"What's that?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
Here's one...
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Slacey"Haberdasheries

What's that?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I did try some textile stores, but I didn't find anything useful...

Same thing Tem, just a silly Brit name for them. Don't bother though, spoke to Mr.T a couple of months ago about getting some and he said, forget it, they apparently have it specially made for the production line and can't order it in   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

it's a bugger eh
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Liz

I am having my drivers seat cover replaced under warranty, i am going to ask if I have the old one back, which are worn and with a ciggie burn in it   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  , if I can I may be able to help you out, as I was after a piece of the material myself for an idea I have.  Will let you know, going to ring to get it booked in tomorrow.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tem

Thanks Liz, that would be great  s8) 8) s8)

Liz

Just booked mine in to get the seat cover replaced under the warranty and asked if I could have the old one back, they have told me no as they have to send it to Toyota so that they get paid under the warranty scheme, so sorry about that, I tried!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tem

Quote from: "Liz"they have to send it to Toyota so that they get paid under the warranty scheme, so sorry about that, I tried!

I was afraid of that, it's the same over here. Thanks for trying though  s8) 8) s8)

DaSpyda

Maybe your Distributor tears out the cloth when he puts leather in as an option - that may be available from them if that's the case...

Your dealer will be the one to create a contact.

Tem

Quote from: "DaSpyda"Maybe your Distributor tears out the cloth when he puts leather in as an option

There's no leather option over here...  s:? :? s:?  

I guess I could buy the whole set (someone actually already suggested it), but it seems like a waste to rip perfectly good covers apart...

Tags: