Another Lambda Question

Started by VVT-i, July 23, 2008, 20:52

VVT-i

I have searched but didn't find the answer.. maybe that's because it's not there.. or maybe this is me...

Anyway... I got a Cell  s:( :( s:(   I can't remember the code, but was told it meant my car was running Lean. I had a wee look around the engine bay for anything obvious and I noticed that my standard Lambda sensor isn't plugged into the manifold and there isn't a hole for it to plug into.. it is still connected to the harness.

I have the Innovate AFR kit fitted.. so my question is.. is the standard Lamda Sensor supposed to plugged in anywhere or just tied up out of the way in the engine bay?

Any advice greatfully received.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "VVT-i"so my question is.. is the standard Lamda Sensor supposed to plugged in anywhere or just tied up out of the way in the engine bay?

Mine is tied to the Strut Bar and not connected. I have the AEM Wideband. There was talk with Ste of removing it with the resistor fix but we've never done it. Perhaps the weekend is a good time to ask?

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

VVT-i

Thanks Phill.. I thought it probably wasn't meant to "go anywhere" as I have the AFR kit.

I take it the "resistor trick" is something that plugs into the harness and "fools" the ECU into thinking it is still connected and working properly?.. Would this be causing my CEL.. if not then I suspect I may need to just clean the sensor as I have been getting puffs of smoke from the exhaust (on heavy boost) as I haven't yet fitted the Krankvents and catch can.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Tags: