Damn car won't start, started and then wouldn't start again

Started by Ilogik, January 12, 2009, 08:47

markiii

if your leaving it standing for days on end get an optima deep cycle, at east if it discharges you won;t kill teh battery
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

Quote from: "markiii"if your leaving it standing for days on end get an optima deep cycle, at east if it discharges you won;t kill the battery
got a link for them mate?

Really don't know what battery I need. ones I been given all look to big.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Ilogik

I currently have this fitted
Banner Power Bull -
 m http://www.bannerbatterien.com/banner/p ... 1_en.php?# m

Type   P40 26
Voltage   12
Capacity K20 (Ah)   40
Colddischarge EN (A)   330
Layout   0
Terminal   3
Max. length (mm)   187
Max. width (mm)   127
Max. boxheight (mm)   204
Total height (mm)   226
Miscellaneous   mGGA
Baseholddown

SimonC_Here

Think you probably mean this:
 m http://www.bannerbatterien.com/banner/p ... ex2_en.php m

Isn't that a bit tall?
Does the battery tie down still fit?

Simon

markiii

Quote from: "Ilogik"
Quote from: "markiii"if your leaving it standing for days on end get an optima deep cycle, at east if it discharges you won;t kill the battery

m http://www.optima-batterien.eu/optima-a ... otive.html m
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

which model number fits the MR-s and is it small or is it a large battery/ Couldn't find the applications.

markiii

measure teh space you have, and then compare to teh dimensions on teh website

MRs battery is smaller than the EU anyway so there is always room for a bigger one

Ilogik

Take it you can get the replacement plastic tray then for the underneath, as that is what I was going by with the measurements. Wonder why they changed it for the Uk,

markiii

colder weather requires more cranking amps

as your scenario has rather proved  :-) :-) :-)

you can buy niversal plastic trays to suit or just remove the lip a little on yours

wbarrwebster

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "Ilogik"

Where are you based?......I got a spare battery sitting in the garage doing nothing, not new..........this is one I took out when I thought I needed a new one only to find out that my glove box light was on all the time....

B
W. B. Webster

Ilogik

had the battery tested, they said the battery is good, its jsut low charged, the one terminal is loose, just does not want to tighten up, so thinking I will replace it, must be losing charge through that.

trebor

Quote from: "wbarrwebster"
Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "Ilogik"got a link for them mate?

Where are you based?......I got a spare battery sitting in the garage doing nothing, not new..........this is one I took out when I thought I needed a new one only to find out that my glove box light was on all the time....

B

There's a Glove Box light!???!  s:? :? s:?
2003 SMT. Astral Black de-badged except for Likwid Art rear badge, JDM front badge. JDM wheel caps, JDM steering wheel badge, JDM style side repeaters. mongos. TTE lowering springs

wbarrwebster

Quote from: "trebor"
Quote from: "wbarrwebster"
Quote from: "markiii"m http://www.optima-batterien.eu/optima-a ... otive.html m

B

There's a Glove Box light!???!  s:? :? s:?

Aye, Check out my earlier posts re glove box light, an easy fit using the Fiesta mk 4 switch/light, that's always assuming you dont connect the main lead to a constant juice and run down your battery when the switch dosn't properly cut off!!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
W. B. Webster

dipper84

Ive been having a problem with the battery not working after the cold. Ive charged it up overnight and it works for a few days. There isnt a day when the car isnt used. First I thought it was old corroded connectors, I replaced them and the problem went away for a few weeks. It has come back again and has wound me up so much asking for jumps of random people that I have bought another battery. I hope this fixes the problem as there was no initial indication the alternator wasnt working correctly. I will try and check the voltage tonight as I have just aquired a multimeter......

Aylward@
Chris >>>>>

vatovey

I have a battery and alternator testing unit which plugs in to the cigarette lighter if you wanted to test that way.

Testing a battery with a multimeter doesn't really tell you if a battery is bad or not, as the battery needs to be under comparible electrical load like it is when trying to start the car engine.

dipper84

Ive just bought a new battery out of recomendation, ill give it a few days / weeks to see what hapens. it seems to be working fine now even with yesterdays and todays frost.
Chris >>>>>

Tags: