I finally get to drive my 2!

Started by Anonymous, February 26, 2004, 07:34

Anonymous

Finally got my car on the road, and it has just done it's first journey to Mark's house!  Here is my first pic:

Hope you like it!

Kerrie

Slacey

Yay! About time, too  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Nice to see you here...

BTW, looking at the plate, whats going on the GT300 now?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Jap GT300

GT300 has T50 AF.  I know, I know his and hers number plates

GSB

Ahhh... Now it all makes sense. I knew I'd seen that car somewhere before!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Liz

Nice one Kerrie and good to see you on here   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

And I just have to say that the number plate thing was NOT my idea, it was a surprise 18th birthday present!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Slacey

Quote from: "da hulk"And I just have to say that the number plate thing was NOT my idea, it was a surprise 18th birthday present!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ahhh, Adam's such a big softie!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

Please get him to pad that roll cage as the next present.

I have visions of you seriously hurting yourself if you get rear ended (you know what I mean   s:oops: :oops: s:oops: ) with how close your head is to that thing.

Adam,

We want details of that race spec engine please.

oh, and welcome.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Jap GT300

Quote from: "markiii"Adam,

We want details of that race spec engine please.

oh, and welcome.

Are you going to help me remove the head to have a look?

The only definate mods are Clutch, Flywheel, solid engine mounts and short shifter.

The noise from the engine is like nothing I've ever heard before.  Very loud and sharp.

markiii

you were talking about a sleeved block last night? and higher compression?

I may be persuaded but thats assuming we don't have to remove the engine and you can persuade Kerry  that we're taking it to bits  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Jap GT300

Sleeved block was a suggestion from Alex.  He thinks that is why you get a dry sliding sound when starting the engine.

I know the J-spec compression is different anyway.

Chris

Quote from: "da hulk"Finally got my car on the road, and it has just done it's first journey to Mark's house!

Quote from: "Jap GT300"The noise from the engine is like nothing I've ever heard before.  Very loud and sharp.

Ooh Ooh Ouh, can it's second trip be to mine so I can here it please?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Whats this about taking my car to bits?  It has only just got in one piece!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Quote from: "Jap GT300"The noise from the engine is like nothing I've ever heard before.  Very loud and sharp.

Gives you a headache after a while.  Especially when you're trying to sleep at 11 o'clock at night on the way back from Mark's!

Slacey

Quote from: "da hulk"Gives you a headache after a while.  Especially when you're trying to sleep at 11 o'clock at night on the way back from Mark's!
So you're NOT driving it then  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I am, but didn't really want to fall asleep at the wheel, so I let Adam do it instead!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"Sleeved block was a suggestion from Alex.  He thinks that is why you get a dry sliding sound when starting the engine.

In what way is the compression different on the J spec, never heard of this before. Just curious.  s:? :? s:?

SteveJ

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"
Quote from: "Jap GT300"Sleeved block was a suggestion from Alex.  He thinks that is why you get a dry sliding sound when starting the engine.

In what way is the compression different on the J spec, never heard of this before. Just curious.  s:? :? s:?

IIRC, from the conversation with Adam last night, J-Spec has a 10:1 compression whereas we have 11:1 - this is due to the different fuels available in Japan.

Anonymous

No. That isn't right. I researced so much before i went turbo with my j-spec. It's the same compression as the USA and UK. I'm not trying to argue a point just willing to listen to your findings.

mph

Huh, I thought you where getting her T50 KF...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Jap GT300

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"In what way is the compression different on the J spec, never heard of this before. Just curious.  s:? :? s:?

From what I understand the US has same compression as J-Spec, they are both 10.0:1 which is different to the UK.  Hence the different 0-60 times and top speeds.

info is here  m http://www.extractando.com/automobiles/Toy_MRS_I.htm m

aswell as many other websites.

GSB

Euro (inc. UK) gets 10:1 compression too. Or at least my one does...
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

GSB

Quote from: "Toyota France"Taux de compression 10,1:1

Quote from: "Toyota Germany"Verdichtungsverhältnis 10,0:1

Quote from: "Toyota Belgium"Puissance fiscale 10

Toyota GB's website mentions no technical specs whatsoever...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"Huh, I thought you where getting her T50 KF...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

No, I don't think so!  KN has a much better ring!

aaronjb

If anything, I'd have expected Japan to get higher compression than us - as their fuel is available with a higher octane rating than ours.. Rather than the other way around..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Jap GT300

I finally got some better pictures.

BTW. the carbon GT spoiler is only a temporary loan

Tags: