New Red Roadster Option

Started by Anonymous, March 8, 2004, 11:58

Anonymous

For months I've been trying to access Toyota GB's ( w www.toyota.co.uk w )official website but with no joy. Tried from several PC's so nothing to do with that. Was just about to write and ask if anybody has had the same problem when I finally managed to get on there. Not much seems to have changed but the new price list shows a "Red Roadster" option for the 2. Does anybody have more info on this? It looks as though it includes metallic paint and leather. The price seems to work out slightly more expensive than adding those options to a standard 2.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "ooch12"the new price list shows a "Red Roadster" option for the 2. Does anybody have more info on this?

You just beat me to asking this same question. I had a look and noticed the Roadster Red and Celica Red.

Have a look here

Anonymous

As you say, leather and metallic paint as standard.   Looks like they're making a "special" with a few of the simple visual extras.

Anonymous

Is it Chili red or Sunburst?

Anonymous

Chilli's not metallic is it?  Dunno though is the answer.

Anonymous

Maybe they are trying to get rid of a surplus of red 2's. Has anybody done a poll on the most popular colour? Am I imagining it or do they make a 2 in gunmetal grey also?

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "ooch12"Maybe they are trying to get rid of a surplus of red 2's.

Only because people know that red is the slowest colour so stick well clear of them. Now Toyota are trying to sell them as "exclusive" items!!!

Anonymous

I ordered my 2 on 3rd Dec 03 and had to wait til early Jan 04 for Chilli Red. Could have had black, blue or silver before then!

Most popular colour must be silver.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ooch12"Maybe they are trying to get rid of a surplus of red 2's. Has anybody done a poll on the most popular colour? Am I imagining it or do they make a 2 in gunmetal grey also?

Yes they do, it's called Sable, like mine (and others here!)

Andy

Anonymous

Hi,

when I ordered mine in July 2003 I was told that Sable was the most popular colour and thats why I had to wait a little longer than if i ordered a silver or blue one.

Anonymous

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"Is it Chili red or Sunburst?
It's called Sundance   s8) 8) s8)    s:D :D s:D  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

just a thought, I know fellows at spyderchat noticed there is an "red" option in the USA, with full red leather interior (parts of the dash and wheel included) and RED TOP!

kind of interesting... and yea, MR2 has had phantom gray color option since 03, at least in continetal europe...

heathstimpson

It must be a different red its it metallic surely  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Out here there are only 5 colours now  s:( :( s:(  Onyx Black, Merlin Silver, Basalt Grey, Volcano Red and Pacific Blue. Green and Yellow have been dropped, White was never available.

Look at http://carconfig.toyota.de/carconfig/carconfig.asp then select MR2, press anyold buttons and see the price, then click on  "Wählen Sie nun Ihre Wunschfarbe" to select the colours. You can select the colour then go on by clicking on " Sonderausstattung anzeigen " then select hardtop or airconditioning or both.

DAZ400

Don't be silly peter we all know RED is the fastest colour just ask Ferrari...........   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Darth Paul

ROADSTER RED

This is the spec.

SABLE with RED soft top and RED leather. Aircon as standard IIRC. Only making 500 and I think it's a UK only car.

DP

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Darth Paul"ROADSTER RED

This is the spec.

SABLE with RED soft top and RED leather. Aircon as standard IIRC. Only making 500 and I think it's a UK only car.

DP
Will that go  s:?: :?: s:?:  Red roof on sable sounds a bit toooooo loud  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Slacey

I've seen a couple of Sable (or whatever they call it) S2000's with red soft tops... looks great IMO.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

This I gotta see!  Does anyone have any pictures  s:?: :?: s:?:  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

filcee

Quote from: "heathstimpson"

This is the spec.

DP
Will that go  s:?: :?: s:?:  Red roof on sable sounds a bit toooooo loud  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Agreed.   A bit too 'look at me' for my liking.

Quote from: "Slacey"I've seen a couple of Sable (or whatever they call it) S2000's with red soft tops... looks great IMO.
I think it's called Silverstone (all the S2K colours are named for race circuits).  I think my faves are Monte Carlo (Blue) and whatever they call the burgundy two-tone.  Nice car, but a good job I have never driven one, or I would probbaly want to buy one  :-) :-) :-)
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

MRMike

This is the spec.

DP

Personally I think this sounds great, like you Sean I love the S2k with the red roof..I wonder if the red roof has a parts no? and could be fitted to a normal roadster??
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

heathstimpson

Has anyone got a picture then of the S2000 version  s:?: :?: s:?:

Slacey

Quote from: "heathstimpson"Has anyone got a picture then of the S2000 version  s:?: :?: s:?:
I've trawled the 'net and can't find one  s:( :( s:(  , if I do I will post it here.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

MRMike

Best I could find..red roof on a blue MGF!

m http://www.prestigeautotrim.com/images/ ... 20hood.jpg m
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Darth Paul

Quick Photochop. Hope whoever's car pic I've 'nicked' doesen't mind!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Just gotta imagine the red leather.

DP

Tags: