price of the 2003 air vents

Started by Anonymous, July 16, 2003, 20:06

Anonymous

how much is the 2003 vents???

and do they come painted?

Slacey

I got mine from http://www.japanparts.com, I think they were about £50 for the set.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

adam sells them on his web site  w www.ginter.co.uk w  i think

Anonymous

Did the intakes from Japan Parts come primed / painted? If not any idea what it would cost to get it done professionally?

Anonymous

I thought Toyota sold them for about £70 painted.

GSB

The Vents come pre-painted, but ONLY in 2003 colours. The silver is a little bit different, but its not really noticeable...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I got the '03 silver vents for mine.  At first I could notice the colour difference, but it never bothered me.

After a little while you don't even notice it, and they look so much better than the old ones.

See my picture here for an idea, although it's a bit dark.

I got mine from Japan Parts but I'm not sure how much they cost, and you have to pay duty and tax on them when they arrive too.  I'd get them from Toyota over here if you can.

--H--

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"I got the '03 silver vents for mine.  At first I could notice the colour difference, but it never bothered me.

Looking at your pics I see what you mean, but then I'd have put the difference down to angles.

Anonymous

The colour difference is noticable, the new silver is a bit lighter/brighter.

If you didn't know I'm not sure that you would notice, but it's impossible to judge that!

--H--

Anonymous

Thanks - trip to local dealer tomorrow to order a set of intakes in red (hopefully not too different from the 03 red). Any one ordered / fitted a set of 03 rear light clusters? I saw a set for sale on a US site for around £250 and am temped.

Anonymous

'03 red is exactly the same as pre-'03, it's only the sliver that is slightly different.

I'm not sure about the '03 rear light clusters but I'd suspect they are probably a straight swap.  Personally I think the pre-'03 rear lights look better though!

--H--

Anonymous

Quote from: "lescalder"Thanks - trip to local dealer tomorrow to order a set of intakes in red (hopefully not too different from the 03 red)

I got my lagoon blue ones from Adam for £50 including postage - an excellent service, cheers mate! Try sending him a PM before you pay the extra £25 to get them from Toyota!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Tim

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"I'm not sure about the '03 rear light clusters but I'd suspect they are probably a straight swap.  Personally I think the pre-'03 rear lights look better though!

Really? I am surprised - i think the new 03 lights are MUCH better than the original ones... personal taste i guess!   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "Hardcore"I'm not sure about the '03 rear light clusters but I'd suspect they are probably a straight swap.  Personally I think the pre-'03 rear lights look better though!

Really? I am surprised - i think the new 03 lights are MUCH better than the original ones... personal taste i guess!   s:) :) s:)
Yeah I know!  Actually there a quite a few things I prefer about the styling of the pre-'03 model over the new one.  I just think the new rear lights, with their two "holes" look a bit goofy!

Visually I prefer the side intakes and rear bumper and perhaps the front light clusters on the new model but everything else I prefer on the old model.  I especially dislike the front bumper on the '03 model, it look like a big smile!

--H--

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Really? I am surprised - i think the new 03 lights are MUCH better than the original ones... personal taste i guess!   s:) :) s:)

Or whichever one you own huh?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I thought the pre 03 '2 was the nuts until i saw a brochure for the new one and then i knew thats what i wanted... yum yum!  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I would definately buy the new model, but for the technical revisions rather than the styling.

--H--

Anonymous

I'd like to get a set of silver vents for my 2000 car, can anyone give me a working website or email for Adam, or his username so I can PM him.

Thanks.

James.

markiii

JapGT300
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I emailed Adam from his  w www.gtinter.co.uk w  site about a week ago and have heard nothing, now the site seems to be unavailable ??

Any suggestions on a source for these other than paying £70 to the local dealer ??

Cheers

James.

Tem

w www.japanparts.com w

61.73e...or about £42.

Don't remember what the shipping was, but the package made it's way to Finland in three days  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: