My Blue 2002 MR2 - Meeerrk's Track car build (LOCKED)

Started by Anonymous, February 10, 2014, 22:30

Anonymous

Quote from: "Alex Knight"Nicely driven chap, very smooth.

Thanks   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

be good to get out on track together this year, would love to see how the 2zz performs

Anonymous

Well had a knock at the door at 6:45 this morning, my seats arrived!

Not supposed to arrive until next Friday so amazing service from JJC once again.

peppyuk

Nice tidy looking driving. I heard you running out of rev's once or twice so you will really like the 2ZZ  s;-) ;-) s;-)

The little MR2 is surprisingly quick, I was always amazed at what my old one did with 135 horses, going to be a right little monster with 185!
\'In a state of mental numbness\'

Anonymous

Quote from: "peppyuk"Nice tidy looking driving. I heard you running out of rev's once or twice so you will really like the 2ZZ  s;-) ;-) s;-)

The little MR2 is surprisingly quick, I was always amazed at what my old one did with 135 horses, going to be a right little monster with 185!

Thank you!

Yeah I few times I chose to hang in gear rather than shift up just before braking, I was trying to find which was best, or even if short shifting earlier was best. I only really got into a groove in my last session; it was slippy in the morning, then it started gripping up, it then rained at lunch time and didn't get really grippy until the end of day. That coupled with teaching my GF how to drive on track (her first track day) meant it was quite hard to learn and get a rhythm going  s:) :) s:)

hamspeed

Coming together! Blyton looked like a good event, what was the traffic like on track throughout the day as it's a fairly small circuit?
02' Toyota MR2 Roadster Race Car -
Owner @ GarageFiftyNine - Supplier of Automotive parts and accessories | Stainless Steel Manifolds | LED/DRL Fo

Anonymous

Quote from: "hamspeed"Coming together! Blyton looked like a good event, what was the traffic like on track throughout the day as it's a fairly small circuit?

Barely got held up, traffic (lack of) was one of the best I've had on track over the years. The videos I posted are fairly representative of the traffic  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Started fitting my new seats, Sparco Sprints. Definitely a budget seat but excellent quality and very comfortable!

Just stopped to watch the F1 [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

hamspeed

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Started fitting my new seats, Sparco Sprints. Definitely a budget seat but excellent quality and very comfortable!

Just stopped to watch the F1 [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

The new seats look good, I can still see some potential kilo's to loose though...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
02' Toyota MR2 Roadster Race Car -
Owner @ GarageFiftyNine - Supplier of Automotive parts and accessories | Stainless Steel Manifolds | LED/DRL Fo

Anonymous

All finished, really pleased with them. Also sold my old ones for £100 today so the upgrade only cost £200!

I'm sure there is plenty more to lose, I think I will start to take some more out, it doesn't really add much benefit at the moment

Anonymous

BrandsHatch in a couple of weeks [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

martin_b

May i ask where you got the mounts for the seats?
"Anyone who is not shocked by the quantum theory has not understood it."  Neils Bohr.. Attributed

Anonymous

Sure - they are from rouge Motorsport, really pleased with them. About £80 each I think they were.

peppyuk

Looks good bud, so those seats were only £300?

Anonymous

Yep, £150 each including next day delivery. Drove it to work today (long story, car nightmare!) and they are far more supportive really pleased.

JJC offer them for £169 I think with side mounts, so I asked for a price without side mounts and they came back to me with £300/pair.

If you are using rouges seat mounts, you don't need the side mounts.

tommyzoom99

Hi Meeerrk

can I ask where you got the bar to mount the harness on and how much, also is it a bolt in item?

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

Hi Tommy, it was custom made from the old part. Basically remove the old bar from it's mounts (bolt on) cut it up and weld a new piece of tube (t45 in this case) in it's place....ok so more Time and effort went in to making it, no doubt but that's basically it.

I will actually be getting rid soon as I am making arrangements to have a roll hoop (like the hard dog) made which my harness can also mount on to

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Hi Tommy, it was custom made from the old part. Basically remove the old bar from it's mounts (bolt on) cut it up and weld a new piece of tube (t45 in this case) in it's place....ok so more Time and effort went in to making it, no doubt but that's basically it.

I will actually be getting rid soon as I am making arrangements to have a roll hoop (like the hard dog) made which my harness can also mount on to

oh nice work mate  s:) :) s:)

well if your getting rid of that 1 I'll gladly take it off your hands when your ready that would be sweet

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

I'll bear it in mind Tommy, hopefully getting the roll bar done In the next couple of months (due to holidays and track days booked)

Anonymous

Update on the seats; really really pleased, for the money they are excellent.

Bit smaller than the Forzas / I guess lighter too.

Very comfortable - I've been using the car all week because of issues with our other cars, and although they are tighter and hug you more, they are more comfortable!

Highly recommended as a starter track seat.

In other news I've got a horrible feeling the car has started using oil, I need to check the dipstick this weekend, top up if required and monitor.

That 2zz might need to be sooner than planned!
Peppy, wanna sell me your 2zz  s:D :D s:D

peppyuk

er... no  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Just SORN'd the Celica so I will start taking it to bits soon. Have to fit it in around working on the faff, fixing the Volvo and sorted my Bro-in-laws FTO out!

Good news on the seats, how are they for every day use?

tommyzoom99

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"I'll bear it in mind Tommy, hopefully getting the roll bar done In the next couple of months (due to holidays and track days booked)

ok buddy cheers no rush but will snap it up when you come to get rid   s:D :D s:D  

cheers tommy
My track project
viewtopic.php?t=51237

Anonymous

Quote from: "peppyuk"er... no  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Just SORN'd the Celica so I will start taking it to bits soon. Have to fit it in around working on the faff, fixing the Volvo and sorted my Bro-in-laws FTO out!

Good news on the seats, how are they for every day use?

Worth a go!

I know the feeling, all 3 cars were off the roa last weekend so a scramble to get two working by Monday morning!

Also decorating nonstop!

Seats are perfectly acceptable for every day use in my opinion. Like I say I've used it all week and it's been fine. The only slight pain is getting in and out because they are low - and so you tend to need to climb out, but no problem - much like an Elise or VX220

peppyuk

You shouldn't have much trouble picking up a cheap Celica or Corolla, assuming you are getting a whole donor car. Can fully test the engine/gearbox too if you do it that way. My Celica was only £700, I've had a years motoring and will still be able to sell off the suspension/brakes/seats/wheels/lights and what ever other little bits folk want.

Anonymous

Wow that's really good. That is what I was planning to do. Where did you buy yours, eBay?

peppyuk

I found it on Gumtree, had to drive to Swindon to collect it mind, and drive back with a very noisy wheel bearing but it was a bargain.

Tags: