Aftermarket seats

Started by philster_d, March 5, 2006, 12:16

philster_d

Anyone know of any roasdter specific ones? or have any good links to places to try.

Anyone got any suggestions on this. I didnt find much through a search.

I saw a few things on e-bay, such as  m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Slide-Recline-Ral ... dZViewItem m  ok so just a cheap example, they do seem quite low (this is presumably the worst issue ? or cant go back far enough ?

For background -
Im looking at custome retrims, in the region of £600 so I just want a sanity check the idea against new, ultimately i miss the buckety type seats of my MK2 where it held you a bit more through the corners.

Philster.

Anonymous

markiii

Phil,

biggest probelm with teh roadster is brckets and sliders, there aren't any specific one and most of teh attempts I've seen at fabbing the leave youtoo high up.

might be worth a chat with teh guys at SP as from the conversation I had on Friday this is something they are considering.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

if its bucket seats youre wanting and like mark mentions the issue of bracket and rails, rogue are an official Recaro dealer and the Recaro factory is 5 minutes from them, i spoke to patrick about having my seats done in the future and he mentioned that they could take a seat out and take the car to the factory and see what they can do?

markiii

only probwith recaros is teh price, I could almost buy 2 pairs of anyone elses
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Tell me about it m8   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  but it is an option if people are struggling with fittings, they maybe able to make custom parts?! but still an expensive option  s:!: :!: s:!:

markiii

best I've found ter is teh corbeau carreras, but I still need a little more thigh suport

philster_d

Rogues will probably get my retrim trade if I decide on that route.

Just the normal seats arent that supportive for "proper" driving. I have had to learn to lay down while driving    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

after pulling out the carpets and inspecting the underside in detail, i would say that SP will have no problems in fitting some seats, but they'll need to get creative with rivnuts and plates, but it will be possible to add an aftermarket seat and retain the ride height
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Stu, in your opinion is there room to get a lower seat height?

Anonymous

Are there any specifications, on how many CM's the seats should be in order to fit perfectly into the MR2 (2003) ? Is it told, that many of the aftermarket bucket seats are tall enough to be installed to our MR2 cabin.

Thanks in advance.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "da monkey"Stu, in your opinion is there room to get a lower seat height?

no, in my opinion you already have the minimum height, to put in an aftermarket seat you would need a plate to be made up to cross the standard seat mount points and then mount off, you cannot bolt a seat to the floor on an MR2 as the metal is too thin. I was origionally going to do this for my harnesses until i realised how thin the metal is.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: