Getting the car up to spec after the turbo

Started by ninjinski, March 7, 2006, 00:25

ninjinski

Already thinking about what additional mods I can add to the car after I get the TTE turbo fitted on the 20th - Open to ideas please!

I'm thinking about the TTE anti-roll bars and the TRD front street brake pads?

Anti-roll bar link! http://www.silverstoneperformance.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24&sid=261d0c5db45470ce6d1fae4c0b43ec9d

Anything else I should be thinking about  s:?: :?: s:?:   - generally looking to ensure the cornering and braking of the car is as good as possible with the additional power. TA!
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

I'd start thinking about an upgraded clutch.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

mph

<rant>
IMO -NEVER- upgrade only part of a system. If you're going to change the pads, do it all round the car.

Brakes are already biased towards the front. If you improve the braking effect on the fronts, you're moving that bias even more frontwards. The effect is the fronts more likely to lock. If you're threshold braking that means you'll have to use less pressure, meaning you'll do less rear-braking for the equivilent front brakes. Overall, your brakes will feel sharper, the nose will dip more, and your braking distance gets longer. This this really want you want?
</rant>

TRD Street Pads - fantastic cold and even better once warm. BUT... whatever you do, don't overheat them, they'll melt and crumble.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Tem

Personally, I'd get the TRD "race" pads all around.

They work from cold, so they don't have any issues on normal driving either.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

ninjinski

Quote from: "DavidM"I'd start thinking about an upgraded clutch.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anyone in particular in mind  s:?: :?: s:?:
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

Quote from: "ninjinski"
Quote from: "DavidM"I'd start thinking about an upgraded clutch.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

SP are currently looking into an upgrade cover at £390-ish.
I'm going to live with stock until it gives up and then see what everybody else who's gone TTE Turbo does  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "ninjinski"

not sure i'd recomend the RPS kit again, its good, but even on a non turbo car i'm getting some burning when its driven hard(ok thats all the time  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) but its leading me to beleive that its not as good as at first thought. This is also backed up by the comments on SC
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

That's interesting Stu, as I've had no problems with mine at all (even at 10psi) and it's still as good as the day it got put in. How many miles have you put on it since it went in?

I would recommend the RPS clutch to anyone, personally.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"That's interesting Stu, as I've had no problems with mine at all (even at 10psi) and it's still as good as the day it got put in. How many miles have you put on it since it went in?

I would recommend the RPS clutch to anyone, personally.

try mine at Anglesey and see what you think Dan
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Will do buddy, thanks.

Does that mean I have to let you drive mine too?!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"Will do buddy, thanks.

Does that mean I have to let you drive mine too?!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

no its okay, your baby is saved, i'm still resisting trying a turbo drive, but a trip in the pax seat would be appreciated
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Consider it done. My boost controller is playing silly buggers atm, so I might be stuck at 10psi for the day.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:D :D s:D

philster_d

Stu did you feel any differences between mine and yours? except for that fact you boot your and I take it easy like a granny   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"Consider it done. My boost controller is playing silly buggers atm, so I might be stuck at 10psi for the day.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:D :D s:D

bugger that in the wet!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Quote from: "philster_d"Stu did you feel any differences between mine and yours? except for that fact you boot your and I take it easy like a granny   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

no, felt the same TBH, what do you have Phil?

how can you say you dont boot yours!! i was in the car remember when you did a 180 under power in the middle of the road! cheeky bugger!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

loadswine

Your clutch certainly has more bite than stock IMO Stu. Mind you , I didn't drive it as hard as you might do. Is it repeated rapid getaways that cause the cooking?
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

kanujunkie

Quote from: "loadswine"Your clutch certainly has more bite than stock IMO Stu. Mind you , I didn't drive it as hard as you might do. Is it repeated rapid getaways that cause the cooking?

could be  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

i do give it nothing but complete hell, its a sports car after all. I generally redline every gear, i'll quite happily drop into 1st gear at 30-35mph and sidestepping the clutch is definatley acceptable. This little car of mine takes a beating and still carries me through over 20K per year with very little complaints. If ever a car was tested to the extreme its mine. This is part of the reason why i wont drive a turbo, i'd just kill myself

touch wood of course!  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

loadswine

I kinda noticed that you didn't hang around! I have to say though,that your car makes a glorious noise when  followed. TTE is definitely louder than the Magnex even if you can't lose small creatures in the tips.  s:D :D s:D
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

kanujunkie

Quote from: "loadswine"even if you can't lose small creatures in the tips.  s:D :D s:D

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

LeeUK

As far as upgrading my car, please find below a list of my considered essentials:

TTE springs
Front member brace
Corky's brace
Front strut brace
TTE antirollbars with Polyurthene bushes
Beefed up drop links
Polyurthene engine bushes
PS2 - with GT4
RPS max clutch
Mintex pads (best value for money IMHO)
Goodridge brakelines

With the last two my car brakes like a racing car (similar to a Formula renault but with a servo  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

This list reminds me of all the parts I still have not fitted or are in the post   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Spent too much money this month on the car again  s:( :( s:(  .

Also tyres, unsure at the moment whether to fit old stock wheels and some Yoko Neovas or stick with 17's with Toyo T1-R's.  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

markiii

neovas all the way  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

LeeUK

Ahhhhhhhh! (pulls hair out) more money!

Is there anywhere that sells them cheaper than £400?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

markiii

you will be lucky

Lotus sell the for way more than that.

eliseparts and BAT are the only ones I know that go that cheap
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "LeeUK"As far as upgrading my car, please find below a list of my considered essentials:

TTE springs
Front member brace
Corky's brace
Front strut brace
TTE antirollbars with Polyurthene bushes
Beefed up drop links
Polyurthene engine bushes
PS2 - with GT4
RPS max clutch
Mintex pads (best value for money IMHO)
Goodridge brakelines

PS2 - with GT4
essential???

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Simon

LeeUK

I never leave home without it!

WHooOOooHoOOo!  Mr parcel force man just came to the door and delivered my Corky brace!   s:D :D s:D

It's like Christmas!

[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

philster_d

That should straighten up those teeth nicely   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: