Alloy Refurb costs

Started by Anonymous, March 10, 2006, 15:57

Anonymous

I've decided to stick with stock 15's on my '2 - I purchased another set on Ebay and am now getting quotes for getting them refurbed. Has anyone else had their stock wheels refurbed and if so how much did it cost?

Trouble is there are not too many company's in Hampshire that provide this service. The best quote i've had up until now is £48 per wheel, which covers a full chemical strip, sand blast, recoat, laquer and bake. Is this realistic or a bit overpriced?

Anonymous

Anonymous

That what I paid for mine - Spit and Polish in Tonbridge Wells, Kent.

Dont pay too cheap otherwise they dont last.

Call Spit and Polish and ask them about Diamond Cutting - very nice finish almost pearlecent. Or why not get them sprayed another colour ??

If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for them - I have a mint set I may want to sell.

Anonymous

I recently had a quote for £50 a corner all in, including refitting tyres etc.

Roo.

spit

I paid £180 to refurb my four - they were in a diabolical state and I had the guys prepping them by hand over and over again. Don't skimp on the prep and you're sure to get a great finish.

I toyed with different colours but went with a brighter alloy silver than stock. Happy with the result:

1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

I paid 160 for a full set including colour change to graphite grey
which i thought was reasonable

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jackass"If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for them - I have a mint set I may want to sell.

I paid £84 for a set of 4 from a guy who had just gone to 17's - 2 of them had practically new tyres (Firestone) so i got a good deal.

They were bubbled up as well - but not as badly as mine. The ones i bought are on the car now and my orginal ones are to be refurbed.

I've seen a nearly new set on ebay for around £300.

MRMike

I've just had my wheels refurbed in black, starting with a chemical strip, paint, laquer, and bake. Cost £45 per wheel! Looks great I have to say
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Quote from: "MRMike"I've just had my wheels refurbed in black, starting with a chemical strip, paint, laquer, and bake. Cost £45 per wheel! Looks great I have to say

I'd love to see pics of that, if you don't mind?

Cheers

Roo.  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Whats the procedure to have alloys refurned?

how many hours they need them?
Do you leave the car with them ?

Anonymous

They need the wheels for 4 days in my case.

I bought an additional set of stock 15's so i could put those on the car whilst i had my original ones refurbed. Some places do have a wheel exchange program however.

MRMike

Quote from: "Roo"
Quote from: "MRMike"I've just had my wheels refurbed in black, starting with a chemical strip, paint, laquer, and bake. Cost £45 per wheel! Looks great I have to say

I'd love to see pics of that, if you don't mind?

Cheers

Roo.  s8) 8) s8)

Your wish is my command...

Had them done at top marques in Stoke, nice guy in charge, and really makes sure the wheels are perfect before you collect.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

*begins to drool uncontrollably*

oh my...         s:P :P s:P  

damn. some just dripped into me glass of port!   s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

Quote from: "MRMike"Your wish is my command...

Had them done at top marques in Stoke, nice guy in charge, and really makes sure the wheels are perfect before you collect.

lol Cheers. They look amazing, and go really well with the rest of the car.   s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)  

S2K next for me I reckon *yum*

Cheers

Roo.

Tags: