TTE Springs

Started by Anonymous, May 30, 2006, 16:48

Anonymous

Just been quoted £432 for these fitted by the clowns at Toyota Rayleigh. I suspect they are trying to 'bum me into next week' - is this the case?   s:? :? s:?  

3 hours labour seems a long time to me!

Two's Company

The springs unfitted cost about £150 so yes they are trying to fleece you.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Last quote I got from Toyota was for £300 (around that) supplied and fitted.

Tell them to bog off  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Liz

Quote from: "Mr Vexed"I'll have to tell them to bog off then! Especially as I have spoken to those lovely folk at Colchester Toyota who quoted me £303 all in. Bit of a trek though.

Apparently dealers arent allowed to charge for any more than 2 hours labour for that particular job, so not only are Rayleigh Toyota a bunch of clowns, they're a bunch of crooks too!

Booo! Rayleigh Toyota OUT!  

Sorry I deleted your post by accident - have retrieved and posted again for you as a quote...

What I had added was to get in touch with the Manager at Romford - he was very good when I had a complaint about Rayleigh.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I have been toying with the idea of complaining in some way but I dont think I'd feel too comfortable having any work done there afterwards!

At least it might stop them trying to rip someone else off I suppose.

Its a real pain because its the only Mr T dealer round here aint it?

Anonymous

You could try Chelmsford. I only had one service there, but they seemed ok.

GSB

I've heard nothing but bad things about Rayliegh recently, they quoted a friend of mine over £200 for an intermediate service a couple of months ago.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Liz

There is Romford as well - only up the road after all... Chelmsford were helpful when I went in there for some gaskets - even offered me a cuppa whilst I was waiting for them to get the parts.  Does that Hag Jo still work at Rayleigh on service reception, she could take the company down by herself - she is soooo rude she puts me to shame!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Got mine done at RRG Altrincham - £305 all in about 3 weeks ago  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Thanks for your responses people, I phoned Toyota Rayleigh again yesterday just to see what I'd get quoted this time and got a price of £319 fitted which is much more reasonable and a quite disturbing difference of price depending on who you get on the phone.   s:? :? s:?  

The only problem being that they reckon the work cant be done at Rayleigh because "the workshop is down a slope and once its lowered they wouldn't be able to get the car out again without ruining the underside of your vehicle".

So I'm posting this for several reasons:

1)Absolute disbelief that a company could be so stupid.

2)Wondering wether they're telling me porkie pies.

3)Warning others with lowered '2s that Toyota Rayleigh may be wrecking the underside of your car when they service it!

Unbelievable.

spit

Quote from: "Mr Vexed"Unbelievable.

That kind of sums them up doesn't it  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

normanh

mmm Not my favourite branch of Toyota even though its my nearest, these wanted £56 for changing the spark plugs even though one coil pack was to be changed on warrenty but thats another story. i bought them for £18 on to see them on ebay same make identical for less than £12 delivered.

normanh

normanh

Yeah I can conform the workshop is on a slope but whether thats to much to handle on a lowered 2 is another question, more like they dont want the job. The workshop is around the corner to the showroom, I know that area very well as I once worked in Rayleigh.

normanh

philster_d

Offer to empty the glove box so the springs dont get wieghed down too far    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Draggon

Mines booked in for Springs at Cheltenham  s:) :) s:)  (£319 too )

Gonna check the garage for slopes  s;) ;) s;)
Black 04 MR2 Roadster, Black Leather. David Style Chrome Bars (1 piece). Dev\'s keyhole covers, Dev\'s BL Visor, Small Mongo\'s with eagle stickers, J-spec nose badge, spyder rear badge, ST Crystal side indicators. TTE Springs :)

celmacmat

Quote from: "RUSTY"Got mine done at RRG Altrincham - £305 all in about 3 weeks ago  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Rusty I am thinking of doing the springs on mine...does that price include 4-wheel alignment?

I have been quoted £395.63 VAT and alignment included from RRG Altrincham as well as RRG Salford Quays
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

ChrisHumes

i'm getting mine done as we speak for 255. this is 150 + 2 hours labour. up in newcastle like

normanh

mmm Seem to remember another member getting refused a service there at Rayleigh due to the step run in to the workshops and the fact that he had lowered springs fitted. This place has worried me a good deal to say the least in my experience.

normanh

normanh

opps sorry mods same thread, maybe I should read the whole thread first before commenting

norman  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Draggon

Quote from: "celmacmat"
Quote from: "RUSTY"Got mine done at RRG Altrincham - £305 all in about 3 weeks ago  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Rusty I am thinking of doing the springs on mine...does that price include 4-wheel alignment?

I have been quoted £395.63 VAT and alignment included from RRG Altrincham as well as RRG Salford Quays

Paid £320 at MrT in Cheltenham...it did include alignment..jfi
Black 04 MR2 Roadster, Black Leather. David Style Chrome Bars (1 piece). Dev\'s keyhole covers, Dev\'s BL Visor, Small Mongo\'s with eagle stickers, J-spec nose badge, spyder rear badge, ST Crystal side indicators. TTE Springs :)

Anonymous

I don't know - the service guy said they don't always need alignment - as an engineer I would have thought that alignment was always necessary as things are bound to change when disassembling various parts of the suspension - but then again I'm not a trained mechanic  s:? :? s:?

markiii

they don't always need adjusting, they should be checked
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

celmacmat

So I guess the price is not too bad then...

Springs + Fitting is £319.25 inc VAT
Alignment £76.38 inc VAT

I guess I better book the car in then   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

Chris

well i've been trying to find somewhere that does a 4 wheel alignment as most places i've spoken to only do the front wheels.  I think I've found somewhere now though, even if it is gonna cost about £90!!  Does anyone know if thats a average ball park figure?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

markiii

MrT usually charge £50 ish

be wary as with Toyota thats a fixed cost, a lot of places add a per adjustment charge.

the last place I went to like that tried tocharge me £170 as teh muoppet doing it didn't seemt o realise that setti9ng a cambolt and then air gunning it tight was somewhat pointless  s:-( :-( s:-(
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: