Accessory Socket

Started by Anonymous, October 4, 2003, 13:10

Anonymous

Ive just tired to plug something into my accessory socket which hasnt worked... so i tried pushing/charging the cigarette lighter and it just popes back out again, without charging it... almost like its not locking it into place to heat it up...

... any ideas?

Anonymous

Have you checked the fuse?

Anonymous

Nope... good call. I'll have a look in the manual and find out which one it is....

Anonymous

Seeing as i cant find the list of which fuse it is in the manual, im saying its not that!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I think the socket itself may be at fault as this is what happens:

m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/rocstuff/cig2.wmv m

It does not lock into place, so you would think that even if the fuse had blown it would simply not charge up, but would stay locked into position....   s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

The Ciggy lighter fuse is the 15A (blue on mine) fuse in one up from the bottom in the rightmost column in the bank of fuses that are under the cover on the passenger side end of the console, which you get at once you've opened the passenger door.

However I just tried my lighter and it works fine, even though it's not heating the element because the keys aren't in the ignition.  I'd check the fuse anyway, just be sure.

Sounds like another trip to Mr T to me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"Sounds like another trip to Mr T to me.

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  great.....   s:? :? s:?   cos they just love me there!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SteveJ

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "phil4"Sounds like another trip to Mr T to me.

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  great.....   s:? :? s:?   cos they just love me there!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Especially when they find the scrape on the dashboard from the kerb-stone hitting it   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"Especially when they find the scrape on the dashboard from the kerb-stone hitting it   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Nice!

Anonymous

I was using my cig-lighter socket this weekend for the first time actually, and strangely the ignition had to be on for it to be "live".. I'm sure all my cars in the past haven't needed the ignition to be on?!

The socket did seem very flimsy though, I was worried about breaking it with the plug!

Tim

Anonymous

Quote from: "c_a_r_t_e_r"The socket did seem very flimsy though, I was worried about breaking it with the plug!

I think that might have been what ive done... still, warranty work again!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

remember what this was in the end?
fuse gone?
or a faulty accessory socket?
just discovered the same problem with mine, fuse is fine.
Balls!

Anonymous

Yeah, it was the socket in the end that they replaced under warranty, no questions asked.

Anonymous

cheers

Tags: