93K Miles

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2006, 05:34

Anonymous

Hey,

So I'm thinking of getting a spyder with 93K miles on it. But after reading all the problems with the pre-cats, would you guys think this car would be effected by the problem as well? I have no issue with gutting them out if it does in fact fix the problem, but I dont want to buy a car that is already dammaged by the problem (so I will use the black t-shirt/hanky/whatever black cloth test).

Thanks guys.

darrenjuggins

Hi,

If you buying one of this age (Mines got 90k and I've owned since day one).

Try getting hold of ALL the Service / Warranty History for the car, if they have been a sensible owner like most on the forum, they should be able to produce a raft of paperwork, which is all in order, etc, etc.

Mine's had so many parts, the warranty list at the dealer looks likes a build list as opposed to a warranty list, this said, i'd prefer a list like this, than a "nothing" list, as at least my car is just about new, where as a problem free to 93k, could be expensive!

Things that have and do go include:

Roof - Check for wear, open and close this is a 2k plus repair job
Wheel - Corrosion - should have had a least 2 sets replaced
Short Block - Costly repair, but if done under warranty, then great
Power Steering Pump - A few have experience this - £900 cost
Check power deliver - MAF may be dirty or need replacement

Is it a dealer purchase or a private purchase, either way, whilst under 100k, assuming it has full TSH, then you could always buy an extended 2year unlimited milage warranty that is the same as the 3 year manufacturer warranty for piece of mind!

hope the comments help, they are made to ensure you get a good quality car and can enjoy it, if it goes wrong, it can be repaired, but it just depends weather you want to pay or whether you want the warranty compnay to pay ?

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Sure did!! Thanks a lot.  s:) :) s:)

Tags: