c2 Power vs Hass ?! who wins in therms of WHP ?

Started by Anonymous, November 13, 2006, 03:06

Anonymous

I'm looking for a turbo kit for my car. Both the hass and the c2 look good. But how does the c2 stands in therms of power versus the hass stage 2 ?
Also, the c2 is more expensive but ppl say that quality on the c2 is one hundred times better.. how true is that in case someone here has installed both?

Anonymous

Either one has the ability to blow a 90's Corvette or stock 1ZZ rods into the weeds  s8) 8) s8)  

Details and opinions vary depending on expectation levels and which side of the pond your on but the base kits attain the same power levels.

I think you should go with C2 simply because there will be issues with either one. Why would you want to put an ocean in between you and the solution?

Besides, why are going to turbo a dying engine?

markiii

As bill says , power wise they are around equal.

in terms of quality, C2 exhaust is a million times better (for me at least) whereas Hass use better couplers and clamps.

both use teh same turbo and share teh same inherent design.

Hass will be cheaper at present due to teh whoping exhange rate however expect circa £500 shipping

in your shoes I'd just drive to Budapest and get Gas to fit it.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

basically comes down to service, Hass seem to have a big problem with dealing with customers outside the US, bits have been missing from kits, communications ignored, just poor service for the Brits. C2(Gas) whilst not in the country(Hungary) is prepared to travel to help installs(at a cost), and is contactable almost every evening via msn. Only one option as far as i'm concerned, C2.

as far as quality goes, the Hass is very good useing higher quality IC's than C2, pipework is pipework as far as i'm concerned both are quality welded, althought the Hass does come prepainted. The C2 does have one major advantage IMHO, the manifold is cast, its a solid block of cast metal and completely eliminates the possability of cracks. The routeing of the C2 is better as well, the turbo has been turned around allowing a clear run for the pipework.

i'd go C2 again anyday over the Hass
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

all good points Stu, and why currently I'd go C2 as well
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"Hass will be cheaper at present due to the whoping exhange rate however expect circa £500 shipping

Hmm... wonder if I can fit a Hass kit in my suitcase  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

the right suitcase yes

make sure it's on wheels though,  :-) :-) :-)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "markiii"Hass will be cheaper at present due to the whoping exhange rate however expect circa £500 shipping

Hmm... wonder if I can fit a Hass kit in my suitcase  s;) ;) s;)

now that would change things a bit, walk in with a wad of cash and see how quick the service changes
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Has to be C2 from what I've seen of the comments of owners so far

Dont know about driving over to Gas tho, what is it from the Algarve? 4,000 mile round trip?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

The petrol would be over £600   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:? :? s:?     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

spwith both of these kits your getting a full sports exhaust thrown in with the ability to re-map at a later date via the e-manage if your mods change, so if you are presently running stock then they are a cracking deal.  (would still go C2 tho)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "perry190"Dont know about driving over to Gas though, what is it from the Algarve? 4,000 mile round trip?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

The petrol would be over £600   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:? :? s:?     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

beleive Phil said it was 3000 miles to Budapest, but the fuel would be more as it would need several setup runs on top of the mileage
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

Not realy, a bit of driving around and tweaking the map was all that was required.

Anonymous

well its 961 miles from calais to budapest (was looking to go to C2 myself originally) so depends where in the UK you are and what route you take I suppose.

1,893 miles from Seville (as an example) so twice the miles no matter what way you look at it  (roughly of course)

plus of course you would be listening to your dump valve on the way back, so bound to use more fuel    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

philster_d

The fuel accross Europe was cheaper and the ferry was only about 80 quid return.

Plus driving on the contenant was a pleasure not a chore, everyone pulls over and you can just get where your going.

Comming back I did not go mad as I was gradualy running it in and periodicaly checking everything in service stations.

If you were going to nuremburg at all then it might make sense to continue on to Budapest afterwards as thats pretty close, repectively.

Philster

Anonymous

I do europe every year and yes its a pleasure in comparrison   s:D :D s:D  

did 3000 miles this year to St tropez and over to italy and I didnt feel tired at any point, the year before we did biarritz and again it was a real pleasure.

next year were off to Lake Garda, cant wait.

but I digress,  doubling up the miles/cost if travelling from portugal and you could pay to have the kit fitted professionally locally, just think 4,000 miles is getting a bit over the top when these kits are easily fitted by anyone with a reasonable amount of mechanical/electrical knowledge.

To be honest i dont really know why anyone would go for the Hass kit  now, expecially if they live over this side of the pond (unless it was 2nd hand and a stonking deal of course)

dreambackup

to, basically, what you're saying here is with all the side costs included, it's cheaper to have a TTE locally installed.

of course it won't make all the power a Hass or a C2 will make... but in the end, when you need a problem solved, you will get the answers (and parts).

peace of mind now HAS a price  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

(go ahead, I just put my flame suit on)  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

TTE is an other option of course not to be forgotten, depends on your requirements really.

philster_d

TTE is ok shame its only a TUR kit

I need the full TURBO kit    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

After my experiences, I'd go TTE, then C2, then PE, then Top Secret, then custom make my own one out of wire coathangers and a 12" desk fan, and only THEN would I consider buying a Hass kit again.

markiii

so you off the fence then   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

edward.carter

Quote from: "Ekona"After my experiences, I'd go TTE, then C2, then PE, then Top Secret, then custom make my own one out of wire coathangers and a 12" desk fan, and only THEN would I consider buying a Hass kit again.
That surprises me, im not knocking the tte by any means, but the fact that its the least powerful and pretty much locked down, you put it before the c2 (and others).

markiii

and because of that it's fit and forget

edward.carter

Quote from: "markiii"and because of that it's fit and forget
yep totally agree, great bit of kit, just surprised me that dan would choose that, always had him down as a "fiddler" (edit: not kiddie  s;) ;) s;) ). And that he would need more power than that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"so you off the fence then   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Can you tell?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

@Ed: One of the main reasons for purchasing the VXR is that I got fed up with having to fiddle with the car every weekend, or check on various bits not having fallen off at least. After my quick pax ride with Gazz during the Lakes trip, I reckon the TTE is nigh-on as quick as my old Hass @10psi. Even if it's a touch slower, the quality of work and warranty is more than enough to swing it for me over the 3rd party options. Seriously, I think it's that good.

edward.carter

Quote from: "Ekona"
Quote from: "markiii"so you off the fence then   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Can you tell?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

@Ed: One of the main reasons for purchasing the VXR is that I got fed up with having to fiddle with the car every weekend, or check on various bits not having fallen off at least. After my quick pax ride with Gazz during the Lakes trip, I reckon the TTE is nigh-on as quick as my old Hass @10psi. Even if it's a touch slower, the quality of work and warranty is more than enough to swing it for me over the 3rd party options. Seriously, I think it's that good.
Cool, all good points   s:D :D s:D     s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
And i suppose theres always downpipe and exhaust etc for a few minor tweaks, and im sure there will be more in the future too

markiii

having driven the modded TTE a week or too back at SP, with full exhaust e.t.c, it's as fast as my Hass at 8PSI

which is going to be quick enough for most people beleive me  :-) :-) :-)

Tags: