Ksport Coilovers

Started by Anonymous, December 8, 2006, 09:06

Anonymous

I was looking on ebay in the US yesterday and cam across these, just as an alternative for the Teins, etc.

They are Taiwanese and are apparently the same a D2, ie. made by them.

m http://www.ksportracing.com/ m

They were selling on ebay yesterday for $900 but i cant find the page again now, and some one is selling them on spyderchat for the same price, dont know how mich delivery would be to over this side of the pond but it would still be cheaper than the Teins, and with the rates we are getting for the pound against the doller now you cant go far wrong. (apart from it being christmas in a couple of weeks!)

I was doing a bit of reading up on them on Spyderchat and they seem to be ok, an no-one over ther has had any problems with them. The only thing that is putting me off getting some is the spring rates. 6 kgf/mm front and 8 kgf/mm rear, thats a bit too harsh for even me, and also they dont have anything similar to Tein's EDFC, which I would want.

However for the price i thought that there might be some people interested in them.

spit

Nice find, but I'm with you on the spring rates - ouch!

Might as well post this here: I tried Rob's Tein SS's again on the softest setting last weekend - I was concerned the first time out that my lower back is too knacked to cope with that low-speed jiggling, but they weren't too bad at all. I've had worse rides in the '2 (including mine  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ). Doubt I'll bother with the EDFC though.

Maybe its psychological, but they feel much better when you're driving than when you're a passenger  s:? :? s:?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Nice find, but I'm with you on the spring rates - ouch!

Might as well post this here: I tried Rob's Tein SS's again on the softest setting last weekend - I was concerned the first time out that my lower back is too knacked to cope with that low-speed jiggling, but they weren't too bad at all. I've had worse rides in the '2 (including mine  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ). Doubt I'll bother with the EDFC though.

Maybe its psychological, but they feel much better when you're driving than when you're a passenger  s:? :? s:?

Always glad to help,  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Yep you'er right about being a passenger not the same feeling.  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

Rob

Anonymous

Yeah, bit too hard for me seeing as i have to commute im my car every day. i wonder if they can do lower spring rates

they look like they are good quality and are made from aluminium so they should be light, i love the colour of them too!

I am beginning to talk myself in to getting some! (must keep focused .... get the teins, get the teins, ...)

Just as a comparison for how har these springs are

The Standard rates = 14.7/23.5 (Front/Rear) in N/mm

Tein Super Street = 29.4/58.9

KSport Kontrol Pro = 58.7/78.3

Way to hard for road use in my opinion.

Anonymous

just noticed two of my shocks have a misting of oil so need sorting soonish.

I was looking at the k sports a while back and thought they came with a choice of springs? or have I got that wrong?

Anonymous

also noted on there website that they only list them for 2004 on for some reason?

scottish_turbo

I looked into these too and contacted the company.

http://www.k-sport.co.uk/

They took a week to answer 1 of my questions in an e-mail and ignored the rest of them!!

You might want to read this review from spyder chat.

http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38842&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I also wondered why they only listed for the 04> but they definately make them for all models - the only question I got an answer to.

Anonymous

cheers matey, yep I would want a softer ride than the one set of spring rates that seems to be offered in the UK, also I dont need any lowering either

peppyuk

Assuming there 2.25" ID springs getting different rate springs is pretty cheap and easy.
\'In a state of mental numbness\'

Anonymous

by cheap what are we talking?

Anonymous

Have a look at a Demon-Tweeks catalogue, or try GPR, they sell all sizes and rates of springs.

docwra

Im still new here, but the UK importer for K-sport stuff (at that webaddress) is a mate of mine - is there anything specific you need to know?? What sort of spring rates are you ideally looking at??

Ill give him a jingle and find out as I needed to call him about some bits for my 200SX as well  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

you're a star matey  :0

I would be after as near to stock as possible or between stock and say the teins

The Standard rates = 14.7/23.5 (Front/Rear) in N/mm

Tein Super Street = 29.4/58.9

any chance of a club discount then if you know the chap?   s;) ;) s;)   (pretty please)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

karlus972

Quote from: "docwra"I'm still new here, but the UK importer for K-sport stuff (at that webaddress) is a mate of mine - is there anything specific you need to know?? What sort of spring rates are you ideally looking at??

Ill give him a jingle and find out as I needed to call him about some bits for my 200SX as well  s:) :) s:)

Hi man!
I just sent them a note as to how much it will cost to ship to Germany, and if they can enclose the TUV certificate as well as these coilovers (equivalent of D2) are TUV approved.

Thanks for relaying the message   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Madinina Style!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "docwra"I'm still new here, but the UK importer for K-sport stuff (at that webaddress) is a mate of mine - is there anything specific you need to know?? What sort of spring rates are you ideally looking at??

any feedback on this matey?  going to run with the US GB if not, but would prefer these if we can have decent spring rates?

Tags: