roadster accessory help

Started by Anonymous, February 20, 2007, 18:04

Anonymous

Hi just brought my roadster and i'm looking for websites that sell accessories ie: chrome headgaurds stuff like that any suggestions?
thanks

spit

Welcome to the ROC. What have you bought? Year? Colour? etc?

The best suggestion would be to start reading through some of the posts. We all have different tastes, so when you find something you like - if you have any questions or comments - then add them to the appropriate thread and we can all chip in.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Chances are someone on the site will have first-hand experience.

A search for style bars should give you what you need for "chrome headgaurds" (although you should be aware that they're fashionable rather than functional as head protectors!).
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

yeah but they do look nice i've brought a 2001 roadster in blue with an additional hardtop totally standard but i would like a few trick bits for it

evileye_wrx

Hi there and welcome. If your looking for first mods for your car I would go for lowered springs and a Corky's breastplate if you can get them. The springs will look good and the breastplate will improve the handling.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

thanks for that, i know that standard wheel arrangments are 15's at the front 16's at the back but does this arrangement have to stay if you put another set on or can you just put a set of 4 17's on it for example

Anonymous

Welcome to the club.

If your car is a 2001 it should have 15" wheels all round, putting 17" wheels alround should be fine, but 16's would be better for handling, unless you could afford a decent set of lightweight 17's  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

price isnt really an issue but i dont want to take anything away from the performance or handling just think the standard wheels look a bit small

Anonymous

They will look bigger if you lower it.

I put Tein springs on mine at the weekend it looks so much better not and the handling has improved too. They are a good first time mod (they are my first mod on this one!) and are relativley cheap.

Anonymous

thats something i will look into thanks where can i get pieces of plastic trim from too i need the plastic insert that clips under the handbrake its the small bit that covers the rest of the handbrake hole and i cant get one from anywhere!!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

rtbiscuit

try breakers yards.

there are websites that break all kinds of things. i used to get rover and pug parts from online breakers.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

i have tried to find one but i cant seem to locate one that has mk3's and its really annoying as need one

rtbiscuit

mr T is your other option they can order in most parts for you!

Previous cars:

Anonymous

mr t?? i'm new to this so you will have to explain?

rtbiscuit

Toyota dealership

their  parts department tell them what you want, and they should be able to get it.

if you put up your location in you profile people might be able to help you out, recommend a good dealership. as some can be a bit hit or miss.

there is 2 good ones near me.

you may also find that you could get people to take you out so you can experience a good example of a stock or modded car.

Previous cars:

spit

MrT is our pet name for the Toyota dealerships.

Before someone else says it .....PLEASE make sure that you retain the correct offset if you're changing wheels. (With limited exceptions), consensus is that having the same tyres all round will turn your car into a hedge-magnet   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

ok mate cheers for your info   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

ok another question, where can i get a storage cover for my hardtop?

markiii

toyota?

or ebay?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

roger

Quote from: "sam-seed"ok another question, where can i get a storage cover for my hardtop?

Certainly Toyota. They also do a stand. They will be expensive. Unless its urgent, keep an eye out on here or Ebay. They come up occasionally.

Not having a hard top never looked to see if anybody makes a copy.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

there was one on ebay but it went i can imagine toyota to be expensive i'll keep a look out thanks

Anonymous

yet another question where can i get original roadster mats?

kanujunkie

Mr.T
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

andywood

I got some from Mr T recently, were about 46notes i think.

Fit perfectly and are good quality so probably worth the money  s:D :D s:D
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

filcee

Alternatives for hard top covers here:

http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7468&highlight=hard+top+stand

The thread also includes the Toyota part numbers to help you find what you need at the dealers.

Please try to exhaust all possibilities with the Search button, as a lot of these things have been asked here before.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

Quote from: "filcee"Please try to exhaust all possibilities with the Search button, as a lot of these things have been asked here before.

sorry about that but i'm a new member and asking questions is a good way of getting to know people i would imagine most things have been asked on here at some point and if nobody asked anything it wouldn't be much of a forum or club would it what would be the point of a forum if you just used the search option??

Tags: