TTE Lowering Springs

Started by Anonymous, March 20, 2007, 16:55

Anonymous

Can anyone suggest where the cheapest/best place might be to get these from?

Cheers,

s8) 8) s8)

RacingSnake

Hi Sponger,
Don't know if you've seen another recent thread on the subject which seems to suggest £140 or so for the springs as a dealer price (+ 2hrs fitting at MrT @ £80 per hour), making a fitted price around £300.  Nothing on that thread about other suppliers though - its a price to compare others with if you find any.   s:D :D s:D

Wabbitkilla

Price for the springs themselves is about the same everywhere.

Fitting prices are more interesting.
I had me Teins fitted for £80 with a local guy i normally use.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Unusual as it may seem the best place to get TTE springs is direct from Mr T. Don't pay anymore than about £300 fitted though - that's the book price.

simon

edit - sorry forgot to mention that you will be charged on top of that if you want a full 4 wheel laser alignment of your tracking after (which is strongly recommend - budget on around £40)

andywood

fitting is easy to do (if you know how to use a left handed screw-driver  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) and there are some great instructions in the 'how-to' section on here.

I did mine a few weekends ago, a saturday morning given up was well worth saving £200 at Mr T   s:D :D s:D
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

Anonymous

What do you think of them Andy ? - the more I drive mine on the back roads the more I realise how much better conected I am to the road now - have added some serious speed into those corners now!  s:D :D s:D  

Didn't find theem overly harsh either - but I like a firm ride

Haslamr2

Quote from: "simonp"What do you think of them Andy ? - the more I drive mine on the back roads the more I realise how much better conected I am to the road now - have added some serious speed into those corners now!  s:D :D s:D  

Didn't find theem overly harsh either - but I like a firm ride

No speed bump probs then?
[size=75]05 MR2 1.8 VVT-i Roadster Red Spec Edit, TTE Dual exhaust TTE Lowering springs
Ali Larter in the passenger seat...lovin it!!! [/size]

Chris_h

Did the peeps that fitted them themselves feel the need to change topmounts or have the car laser aligned afterwards? (or is it possible to 'mark' the struts).

I am put off the DIY route by what I may find and having to shell out for a 4 wheel alignment anyway. FWIW, my Mr T quoted £400 - plus VAT   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

David, I am a tad worried about the bumps, especially those viscious buggers that you straddle and clench your buttocks as you go over - hoping that there isn't a scrape. I am not sure how long my nose spoiler would last, but am tempted by the TTE springs.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

markiii

all of the ones I've fitted so far have retained camber within spec

wether by luck or judgement I'm not sure
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Chris_h

Quote from: "markiii"all of the ones I've fitted so far have retained camber within spec

Cheers Mark - good to know  s:D :D s:D  

I hope I'm sufficiently well tuned into the car to realise straight away if there is a problem after fitting.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

andywood

Quote from: "simonp"What do you think of them Andy ? - the more I drive mine on the back roads the more I realise how much better conected I am to the road now - have added some serious speed into those corners now!  s:D :D s:D  

Didn't find them overly harsh either - but I like a firm ride

Completely agree Simon - much better all round and really am struggling to think of any negatives about having them   s:D :D s:D  

The car looks and sits much better (as it should be from stock IMO).

The handling is much improved due to the reduced body roll and the front end doesn't seem to be as light and juttery as it used to be. I have however noticed a little understeer, compared to how neutrally balanced it was before, but this is easily controlled with the right-foot   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Not more harsh at all and definitely gives the car more of a quality feel. No speed bumps near me, but I don't think it is low enough for them to be an issue unless they have been supersized. My biggest problem on the roads in terms of grounding is all the horse dung and cow-pats around Glos  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Cool cheers for all the replies, guess if I want it done Mr T seems the best choice although I'll try to get it around the 300 mark or less if poss!

Don't really fancy getting in a mess trying to fit myself ...

I have loads of speed bumps around by me so that was one of my main worries but I reckon it will be okay, they're quite small compared to some!!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

andywood

don't forgot to advise / update your insurance company of the modification.
Mine didn't effect my premium (Adrian Flux), but they do need to know ALL modifications made to the car.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"all of the ones I've fitted so far have retained camber within spec

Mine certainly did  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I had this mod done last week.  s:D :D s:D  

Mr T said that the book time of 2 hours was totally unrealistic and said they would quote 4, even after challenging them on it twice. They did knowck down the hourly rate, so all in it was about 4 hours. I got the top mounts replaced at the same time at 50 quid each as they were knocking.

I'm very pleased with the change, a lot more stable, handling is a lot better and the looks are fantastic! It does catch on speed bumps but only the ones that don't go right across the road and only particularly high ones. There's a little more skuttle shake and the ride comfort is impared very slightly.

These negatives are VERY minor and the better handling etc far outweigh the negatives. If your thinking of doing it ..... Do it!

Anonymous

My Mr T in Cardiff just charged me the book price of two hours -  no quibble I just assumed that was how long it took.

re speed bumps - 90% around town are OK - just take it slow.
For the really big buggers take it one wheel at a time (ie attack the bump at an oblique angle and you'll be fine). I've heard a few scrapes but nothing damaged

Haslamr2

Just been quoted £300 fitted with 4 wheel laser FOC!
No too bad I thought what do you think?
[size=75]05 MR2 1.8 VVT-i Roadster Red Spec Edit, TTE Dual exhaust TTE Lowering springs

andywood

cheaper if you get your own spanners out   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Hi

Just noticed your location haslamr2. Would be very interested in where you where quoted 300 all in. Been to 2 mrTs and was quoted silly money.
They also wouldn't move on a 4 hour job even when I mentioned that officially Toyota says its a 2 hour job. Both cases quoted nearly 500 all in.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Haslamr2"Just been quoted £300 fitted with 4 wheel laser FOC!

You can borrow my spring compressors if you want, I'll even help you if you fancy a trip over to Leek.

Rob

Haslamr2

Quote from: "alanb"Hi

Just noticed your location haslamr2. Would be very interested in where you where quoted 300 all in. Been to 2 mrTs and was quoted silly money.
They also wouldn't move on a 4 hour job even when I mentioned that officially Toyota says its a 2 hour job. Both cases quoted nearly 500 all in.

Getting it done along with a service but RRG Swinton are very good. Give them a call!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Haslamr2

Quote from: "FGRob"
Quote from: "Haslamr2"Just been quoted £300 fitted with 4 wheel laser FOC!

You can borrow my spring compressors if you want, I'll even help you if you fancy a trip over to Leek.

Rob

Cheers for the offer Rob! It's all booked in with a service, rather them do it than me!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Thanks mate

RRG swinton it is then. only round the corner too!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Haslamr2

MrT fitted the springs yesterday along with a service and laser alignment. They seem to have done a good job and the car feels fantastic  s:D :D s:D   Much more sure footed through the bends, take corners faster than before! (where safe and suitable of course!)

In all very pleased with the new stance! Would recommend them without hesitation to anyone in two minds about them. Get them fitted you won't regret it as they transform the car.   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Hi
sounds like this is my next job then. Did you have it done at Swinton? and was it £300 all in?

Tags: