where is the ecu (power fc trouble)?

Started by Anonymous, March 28, 2007, 20:17

Anonymous

Just went to put in the pfc this afternoon. I thought the ecu was behind the radio (am I right?) but when i tried to plug the plugs from the little silver box behind the radio into the pfc they wouldn't fit. I was under the impression the pfc was plug and play assuming you got one for the '2?

aaronjb

Erm.. the ECU is behind the rear storage bins (passenger side)..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Once you've found it don't forget about the security bolts / screws you have to remove.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Are you getting the car re-mapped or just going to run off the pre-installed maps - which they don't reccommend by the way  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob

Anonymous

I am going to get it remapped. but I was going to run it on the set maps for a while first,why is it not recommended?

Anonymous

Quote from: "kaiser"I am going to get it remapped. but I was going to run it on the set maps for a while first,why is it not recommended?

Not sure, I was reading the manual today, but then again it was a US site I was on. Where did you get yours from, did you get the commander with it?

Rob

Anonymous

got it from ebay with commander for circa 500 euro

aaronjb

Quote from: "kaiser"I am going to get it remapped. but I was going to run it on the set maps for a while first,why is it not recommended?

I've not looked at a stock PFC map, but what I've read is that they come mapped for Japanese 100RON fuel with extremely aggressive timing maps - not ideal for UK fuel.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kaiser"got it from ebay with commander for circa 500 euro
Same here, but at the second attempt  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  the first company couldn't supply as Apexi had stopped deliveries until the end of April, so managed to source one from another company yesterday and is currently winging it's way over from HK.

I'm going to let Hypersport fit mine, it only takes minutes, then get the whole car re-mapped at the same time, I'm just worried about blowing the thing up, not had much experience with ecu's etc.  s:? :? s:?  

Rob

Tem

Yeah, the stock map gives knock with 99 octane. Just remove 2-3 degrees of timing and it should be fine, at least off boost.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"

I've not looked at a stock PFC map, but what I've read is that they come mapped for Japanese 100RON fuel with extremely aggressive timing maps - not ideal for UK fuel.

I think the technical term is "Premature detonation"   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: