6 year service..did they do it??

Started by ccfc andy p, April 14, 2007, 10:06

ccfc andy p

Hi guys, This could be a long one so please stick with it.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   Yesterday I took my 2 to Toyota World Newport to have part of its six year service done. when I say part, specifically the belt tensioner and valve clearance as these are the parts I cannot do myself and are best left to the so called experts. When I picked it up I checked the service sheet, I paid my money and drove the car home. Once home I tried to check on the engine bay to have a look around. I found that I could no longer pop the lid and the only way to open it was to have someone hold up the release and for me to lift the lid at the same time. Once I got in to the engine bay I found that the two rear screws that hold the valve cover were broken off. Now, these were broken before I took it to them and as a bit of a tester I'd see if they would mention it or even replace them. They have done neither. So what I'm thinking is they have not taken it off and therefore have not checked the valve clearance. What I would appreciate from you guys is any advice on how you think I should play this? Is there any physical way of checking to prove that they have done the job? Thanks in advance.
P.S. They are sorting the engine lid out this morning after a threat to write a letter of complaint.
2001 MR2 Roadster (1D0), K&N Filter, JDM Badge (1D0), JDM Wheel Caps, TRD(style)Spoiler (fm USA), Negative Pre-Cats, Lockwood Door Sills, TRD Badge, Markiii inlet pipe, Simons indicators with trim,TTE rear grille, TRD bracing, C-One C/F side intakes, TTE lowering springs.....more 2 come!!!

kanujunkie

trading standards can advise as well as taking it further
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I use Toyota World in Cardiff myself so can't comment on the Newport branch.

I'd be very surprised if a main dealer did something as blatant as not doing a job you specifically asked them to do - especially something major like you asked for and then charging you anyway and not telling you.
That sort of thing would lose them their franchise.

For what it's worth Cardiff seem pretty good - very friendly and no problems with any of my services - infact they were very good. I've also had TTE springs and exhaust fitted and again a very good job.
Also gave us a great deal on our new Yaris.

Just don't let them wash your car. Nothing terrible but really bad water stains.

ccfc andy p

Bit of an update.... Took my car back to Mr T to get the engine lid catch done and spoke to their head tech. Turns out that for our cars the valve clearance check is not applicable. I want to trust him as he seemed like a really nice helpfull guy, as he also fitted new screws for the valve cover. So my question is.... Be he telling the truth or is it he lie  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:? :? s:?    s:?: :?: s:?:
P.S. Thanks for your previous responces. Simon must be a Toyota World thing about washing the car. It's covered in white spots  s:!: :!: s:!:
2001 MR2 Roadster (1D0), K&N Filter, JDM Badge (1D0), JDM Wheel Caps, TRD(style)Spoiler (fm USA), Negative Pre-Cats, Lockwood Door Sills, TRD Badge, Markiii inlet pipe, Simons indicators with trim,TTE rear grille, TRD bracing, C-One C/F side intakes, TTE lowering springs.....more 2 come!!!

Tags: