which orange wire???

Started by enid_b, April 22, 2007, 22:11

enid_b

okies, im doing the passenger window - aerial switch thingy.

i cut the obvious orange wire. but it had no effect.

does anyone know which orange wire to cut....?

i am thinking that its the other orange wire- this is pre ISO adaptor ie part of the cars wiring as opposed to the stereo wiring (the bit that comes out of the floor before any connectors?

is this the right one, if not which one do i need,  thanks.

im in the middle of the job so a quick answer would make my day.

many thanks
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

rtbiscuit

THE BLUE WIRE!, THE BLUE WIRE!, oh no you didn't cut the orange wire, now we're all doomed!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

enid_b

serious rich?  i read the otehr thread and it defo said the orange wire.

cutting the orange wire did nothing, hence my post.

so you think its the blue wire? what makes you say that?  tell me more, and QUICK !!!

ta
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

edward.carter

might be different but im sure on the back of my sony aftermarket cd player the antenna wire was blue. havent seen it for 2 years mind so dont take my word for it and standard player might be different...

aaronjb

aerial signal wire (and amp turn-on) in an ISO loom is always blue with a white stripe..

Now, what that might be in the cars wiring loom is anyones guess..  The wiring diagram sites I found were all referring to the wires in the sub-loom that you usually remove to install an ISO adapter.. If you still have the stock stereo, though, it's the blue wire.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

rtbiscuit

ah i was right, i hadn'tread the post properly, and was just having fun, if i had i would have given that same answer.

i use the blue and white wire form the headun to gve the power signal to my amp. its the one that makes th ariel go up and down.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

enid_b

well, while you were all posting away, i was busy downstairs getting up close and personal with the wires.

turns out that it was the blue wire !!!!  as you said aaron, post loom.

snipped it, no aerial, wired my passenger switch in, a bit of sneaky soldering with SPIT's soldering iron (what would i do without his arsenal of tools) and hey presto, a working aerial on demand, and finally a use for the switch which had no meaning in life.

thanks again all.

im just gonna be posing with my switch at the next meet, i bet you cant wait !!!

E

Anonymous

there is alot of confusion on this topic therefore i have taken some pictures that are long awaited  s:) :) s:)  my contribution for letting me join this great forum i guess lol, il post them up later on. its time to cruise with no ariel now

enid_b

nice one mac.

i didnt post any pics as it was dark down there.

if you have done the pics, perhaps you could write a how to, and i will include a link on my usefuls threads post.

thanks

E

Anonymous

sticky timeee! noticed nobody had ever posted pics of the wire to cut so the blue one is the ONE! hope its clear to see which one has been cut.

Anonymous

Help please, my arial has gone on the blink, now sounds like I have a very large wood pecker living in my rear wing every time I start or stop!!

As a temp fix I just want to snip the wire that tells the arial to go up or down, but my wiring looks different to the pics.

I have a 51 Reg, the wiring has two blue wires (on the side going to the stereo) but both have red "flecks".

Anyone help with which wire to cut!!!

Many Thanks

enid_b

jason,

its the blue one, but if you look closely at the black lump of plastic (connector) one of them says ant.

hope this helps woody !!!

E

Anonymous

Thanks, I'll attack it tomorrow with a pair of snips!!

Anonymous

Sorry might be being thick but still not sure which wire to cut.  My wiring looks totally different so I've taken some photos which are here http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/6012412

Any one able to point me to the correct wire ??

Thanks

kanujunkie

Below is the wireing diagram FOR THE MR2, if you have aftermarket wireing adaptors then it will conform to ISO standards

STOCK AERIAL WIRING

ISO STANDARDS
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks. Haven't had time to try yet but hopefully this will help me get the right one.

Anonymous

APARENTLY its the blue wire to cut the power the aerial  ,thts wat ive read anyways .just went and cut the blue wire and then my driver speaker stop working lol . so can any shed sum light on wat wire it is . ave got a 03 mk3

Tags: