Where do i get a new engine from?

Started by Anonymous, May 2, 2007, 18:27

Anonymous

Fixed my engine (or so i thought!) new bearings, big end bolts ect.. and give it 500 miles driving it soft. but its making the same sort of noise again! sounds like its chewed up the bearings again. so looks like im gonna have to slot in a new engine!  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   its on a 2000 W reg a 1zz engine. what year did they make the 2zz and can i just slot in a 2zz as if it was a 1zz? thanks peeps! oh i heard that rogue do one for about £1600 but that way out of my price range! im looking about a £1000. thanks again for the help.

markiii

2zz will fit

but search for a thread entitled teh 2zz thread by LeeUK

that will give you an idea of costs.

theres a 2zz on ebay for 1200 at the mo
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

good luck doing it for a grand  s:? :? s:?  

have a search over at SC as well, Little Rocket over there does a kit with all the bits you need to convert to a 2zz
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

hmmmm. might just have to go for the 1zz then! the budget of £1000 is not including labor costs. its just for the engine.

kanujunkie

never know you may get lucky on ebay, like some lucky sod on here
[size=100]Stu[/size]

SteveJ

Quote from: "kingmodest"oh i heard that rogue do one for about £1600 but that way out of my price range! I'm looking about a £1000. thanks again for the help.

£1400 at Rogue gets you the install - you have to supply your own 2ZZ (and 'box if you want the ratios to match the characteristics of the VVTLi) so at best your are looking at £2500 and more likely £3000+

A replacement 1ZZ (as fitted to the roadster throughout it's build life - you seem to think in your post above that the 2ZZ was fitted - that is NOT the case) is going to set you back ~£1200 plus fitting.

There is the option of looking for a 1ZZ from a Celica - they are close enough that the bits that are different can be transplanted. The only exception is you will loose the oil warmer (sandwich plate between the block and the oil filter) as there is no hole for the water feed in the head. This isnt a huge loss as the U.S. dont have one as standard - only the colder countries seem to have it.

markiii

I'm pretty saure teh celica 1zz has teh oil warmer steve,

just not sure that yoru engine came from one
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

Celica 2ZZ has the oil warmer/cooler
[size=100]Stu[/size]

SteveJ

Quote from: "markiii"I'm pretty saure the celica 1zz has the oil warmer steve,

just not sure that your engine came from one

From memory, the ZZT231 (2ZZ Celica 190) has one, the ZZT230 (1ZZ Celica 140) doesnt. If I ever get a copy of the EPC running I will check.

The only other car that the engine might have come from is the Avensis, but from speaking to dealers the gearbox bolt pattern may be different and I didnt have any problems bolting the gearbox onto mine.

markiii

good point

if teh gearbox fitted without drillinh 1 new hole it's from a celica

karlus972

Where do you get your 2ZZ engine from??
Try Little rocket on SC. Good service, good communication, fast delivery, no problem........You'll be happy I guarantee you.
Madinina Style!!

markiii

Quote from: "karlus972"Where do you get your 2ZZ engine from??
Try Little rocket on SC. Good service, good communication, fast delivery, no problem........You'll be happy I guarantee you.

Karlus, If that was a genuine comment, then my apologies, but if thats sarcasm based on the threads I'm reading on SC at the moment, please don't confuse our members with discussions they have no knowledge of

thanks

Tags: