Corsas on the front, Yokohama on rear?! ANOTHER tyre thread!

Started by freak_in_cage, May 6, 2007, 11:11

freak_in_cage

as some of you will know i have just bought a facelift 2   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

am loving it but i find she does understeer a little sometimes- not usually at high speeds (dont wanna push her too early) but tight corners with no extra throttle she will do.

Shes running:

FRONT: Corsa 55  185/55/R15 82H      7mm tread R & L

REAR: YOKOHAMA 215/45/R16 86W     3-4mm tread R & L

from what i have read its v bad to have different brands on the 2- i assume this is more dangerous when the brands are on different sides rather than front & back.

although i have spend quite a bit of £ on buying the beauty- im considering replacing the rears before the wet winter sets in (say sept?). Is it worth replacing the fronts also? Some Toyos should be within budget and seem to get good reviews!   s:D :D s:D  

roughly how long will the 3-4mm of tread on the rears last?

will i be able to sell my Corsas to claw back some of the cost? What kind of car would accept the Corsas? guess i could ebay them, or just hopefully know someone with a car which would accept them.

i have a Mk 4 Golf with "175/80 R15" but im assuming these wont fit????

any advice would be appreciated   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Mixing tyres on the '2 whether L/R or F/R is equally as bad. Best bet IMHO is to strip the lot of them off and get four new Toyo T1-Rs, or flog the front two and get some new Yokos on there.

Don't wait until winter, do it ASAP as you really don't want to be putting your car in a ditch.

I'm also locking this as it's been covered a million times before, and there's no need for everyone else to post up in here after me telling me I'm right.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: