ebay induction kit

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2007, 23:53

Anonymous

i received my induction kit off ebay today i am not sure if i have fitted it correctly or not, it runs fine and sounds great but i was given two brackets that i couldnt find to use any where?!?!

Also i have removed the air box and filter, the pipe connecting with the MAS on it and also the pipe behind, so i have the blue rubber sleve connecting straight onto the butterfly part, right at the back? is that right? any advice appreciated....

Chris_h

Best to take a photo of your installation for us to peruse
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

rtbiscuit

i'm guessing the filter fits down towards the rear left wheel arch.

and that there is very little space, and it has part of the exhaust heat shield to the right of it.

if this is not the case and your sat alot closer to the engine then you took to much off.

hope that makes sense. i don't have one, but have fitted others, and thats where they tend to sit to give the filter most protection
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

kanujunkie

you really need to check the efficiency of that filter mate, just throwing a cheap kit at the car wont necessarily help and could effect the fueling.

but anyway

is that photo of exactly what you have? or is it a generic photo? we need more info
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

chalced

Hi,
I had this kit in mine for a little while.
The 2 brackets I put onto the mounting bolt by the battery shelf. Then cable tied around the main aluminium body of the kit to the brackets. It looks ok if you use a natural colour cable tie!
It sounds good, but probably a very slight loss in power as you are taking air from the warm engine bay.
Cheers,
Mel.

markiii

ok take this for what it's worth

I just bought a roadster with a dead engine which I'm planning ion replacing. It had one of those on.

the car had no precats and yet it died.

looking at the induction kit design close up the pipe is too small, it has no vanes to guide teh airflow over teh MAF and teh filter is way to close to teh manifold

personally I'm putting odds on teh kit makng it run lean and hot and killing teh engine

run it at yoru own risk
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ChrisGB

Quote from: "markiii"personally I'm putting odds on the kit makng it run lean and hot and killing the engine

Or rich causing bore wash?

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

markiii

thats teh other possibleity

suffice t say I wouldn't risk one on my engine
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Chris_h

If the cheapo Ebay intake systems are akin  to the cheapo ebay chinese taps (look good, pants materials) I'd steer well clear.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

I always look at it like this:

You have a car worth £5000 minimum.
The most important AND expensive part of that car is the engine.
Why would you want to save a few quid and put something cheap attached directly to the engine and risk problems, when the A'Pexi intake is so well priced and proven quality?

I know, other intake options are available.  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

thanks all for the replies, who sells the apexi induction kit? i will get one of those instead.

Didnt realise that this was such a poor quality thing, again thanks

rtbiscuit

i believe you can get it from japanparts.com

someoen may know of a closer distributor, but they are good and quick, parts come direct from japan and they do alot of oem stuff.

Previous cars:

kanujunkie

or pm Prolex-UK and see if Dave can get you a price on them
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

red_leicester

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"i believe you can get it from japanparts.com

someoen may know of a closer distributor, but they are good and quick, parts come direct from japan and they do alot of oem stuff.

I spent a while looking for UK / European suppliers but couldn't find anyone (or anyone cheaper than japanparts) when I bought mine.  And the exchange rate is pretty good now too.
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Anonymous

okay so have any of you lot got this one fitted? it is what Prolex UK has reccomended, its the Power Enterprise kit?? anyone?

Thanks

uktotty

I have seen the Apexi ones on Ebay, just do a worldwide search, bear in mind some US ebayers will charge $125 for shipping! Make sure the total price is less than the UK price.

rtbiscuit

i think some one has fitted the PE induction kit, but can't remember who, it might have been an SC person. check with loadsawine, for some reason his name rings a bell with the PE induction.

Previous cars:

Anonymous

just got the PE induction kit today and fitted it,

took about 20min to fit, nice install, straightforward. looks smart under the hatch and should get cold air as the heat sheild is very well placed.

the drive is nice, sounds great and i have no flat spots or anything like i did have with cheapy ebay one.

many thanks all, i will get some pics on here when i get a chance..

s:D :D s:D

uktotty

Be good to see the pics mate, how much is the PE one by the way?

MR-S

There are OBX and Injen intakes for sale on Ebay. Have no experience of the Injen but if the OBX intake is even half as good as their exhaust systems they're top notch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Cold-Air-Intake-System-00-05-Toyota-MR2-Spyder_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ016QQitemZ260148661896QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW - OBX Intake

The Injen isn't up there at the mo, but keep an eye out. It's more pricy though.
TRD lip kit, Che Headers, TRD rear Brace, NGK Plugs, TRD oil filter, Facelift side Vents, Key hole covers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "MR-S"There are OBX and Injen intakes for sale on Ebay. Have no experience of the Injen but if the OBX intake is even half as good as their exhaust systems they're top notch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Cold-Air-Intake-System-00-05-Toyota-MR2-Spyder_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ016QQitemZ260148661896QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW - OBX Intake

The Injen isn't up there at the mo, but keep an eye out. It's more pricy though.

Decent price, but i have seen silly shipping costs from us ebay for very light items.

MR-S

Quote from: "nelix"Decent price, but i have seen silly shipping costs from us ebay for very light items.

All too true mate, but there's plenty of american companies that stock OBX gear. It cost me about 55 GBP to get a full cat back exhaust shipped. For that kind of weight and volume it's reasonable enough. The internet is like TK Maxx, you have to dig like hell to find any good stuff.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
TRD lip kit, Che Headers, TRD rear Brace, NGK Plugs, TRD oil filter, Facelift side Vents, Key hole covers.

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  True.

Anonymous

the Obx is $hite mate-one or two guys got them on SC an it did not line up at connection points-i emailed them on ebay before -say for example there selling for 65$ -thats ONLY for US -i had a mail but its gone -they told me i have to "place an international order" they worked it out for me and the quote was for over 400$ -i swear no Bull.

just be carefull guys

MR-S

Quote from: "fifajay00"the Obx is $hite mate-one or two guys got them on SC an it did not line up at connection points-i emailed them on ebay before -say for example there selling for 65$ -thats ONLY for US -i had a mail but its gone -they told me i have to "place an international order" they worked it out for me and the quote was for over 400$ -i swear no Bull.

just be carefull guys

I must admit I'm very surprised at that   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  . Anything OBX I've ever got has been top quality material and fit. Having said that when I went to Hong Kong I couldn't believe the amount of knock offs that were for sale. Apexi, Tanabe, HKS whatever top end gear you can think of. These things came in branded boxes and packaging as per their genuine counterparts with serial numbers stamped on them and all. Scary stuff. Especially when you think you could buy an HKS turbo get it home and it fall to s**t, then when you ring HKS with the serial they tell you it doesn't exist.

Tags: