Kenwood DDX 7029

Started by Anonymous, November 18, 2007, 16:27

Anonymous

Hello all,

Thinking of changing the standard double din radio/cd for a dvd headunit, something like the Kenwood DDX 7029.

Long time since I've changed a radio in a car, anyone used this model? And any tips would be more than welcome.

Anonymous

Hi and welcome, a simple search would have found This

Also This

Ernie Ball

Quote from: "alanwxr"Hello all,

Thinking of changing the standard double din radio/cd for a dvd headunit, something like the Kenwood DDX 7029.

Long time since I've changed a radio in a car, anyone used this model? And any tips would be more than welcome.

Might have a look at this short review.  Suppose it all depends how much the other features outweigh the sound quality issues (assuming this guy is right).

I've got the Alpine he mentions and share his views: sounds great but some poor design decisions make it less than ideal.[/url]

Jigwar

A double-DIN DVD unit fits pretty well in place of the standard unit, as per mine here..
http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=216043#216043

Everything you need to connect to is nearby and easily accessible, i.e power, handbrake cable, etc.

If the standard unit surround doesn't fit, then there are plenty of options out there - I found the pre-03 surround from the Sony to work with the Clarion.

One other tip might be to think about security - mine is on display for all to see and there's no removable panel or similar.

Steve
Jigwar
Past: \'51 plate
Present: \'06 plate TTET\'ed

dubs

I fitted a ddx 6029 last week which is very similar to the 7029 and i have to say i'm chuffed to bits with it, I have it set up with a ipod adaptor and bluetooth interface and its ace.  No issues with the sound quality, although i'm upgrading the speakers this week so will let you know what it sounds like then.  Certainly recommend looking at the kenwood-smart looking and packed with features.  You will need a facia adaptor though cos the standard hole is a bit big for the unit.
MR2 ROADSTER - RED - HARDTOP - BLACK LEATHER - TTE TURBO - TTE SPRINGS - TTE EXHAUST - MARKiii PIPE - TOYOTA GB BODYKIT - TOYOTA GB LIP SPOILER- DEV\'S KEYHOLES - KENWOOD DDX 6029 - IN PHASE COMPONENTS - KENWOOD BLUETOOTH - KENWOOD iPOD INTERFACE - ALPINE SWD 1600 ACTIVE SUB - 17" SP12 ALLOYS

Anonymous

Thanks.

'dubs' what did you use for a fascia?

Anonymous

Anyone who wants to fit a double din hu to an MR2 might find this link of interest.

m http://documents.victorytechnologies.co ... 5-8202.pdf m

Tags: