Alarm on 2001 model.

Started by gavw71, January 6, 2008, 20:42

gavw71

I've done a search thro' previous topics and seem pretty comfortable with the basic operation of the alarm system, ie. 1,2 and 3 presses of the lock button and the effects on deadlocking and microwave sensor.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
But, on one topic, reference was made that suggested the above was correct for facelift (2003 onward) models. Will my car have similar alarm functions? Also, is the adjustment facility for the microwave sensor located on the sensor itself?   s:? :? s:?   Sorry if these questions appear a bit daft, but I've only had the car a few days and haven't had chance to play around yet.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

edward.carter

Yep (mines a 2000) and 1 locks and alarms 2 deadlocks and alarms, and 3rd press locks and alarms but disable the microwave sensor.

As for the microwave sensor the box (and adjuster) is behind the drivers seat behind the carpet under the carpet  s:) :) s:)

gavw71

Cheers for that e.c. now all I have to do is wait until we get some decent weather, probably about August   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  and then I'll be able to play with the alarm with the top down.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

alancdavis

Quote from: "edward.carter"Yep (mines a 2000) and 1 locks and alarms 2 deadlocks and alarms, and 3rd press locks and alarms but disable the microwave sensor.

As for the microwave sensor the box (and adjuster) is behind the drivers seat behind the carpet under the carpet  s:) :) s:)

Thanks Ed,,,,I now know how to do it aswell    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

edward.carter

lol no worries

dead easy, open the storage bin door, take out a couple of screws from the bottom to take the door off, pull the carpet forward, theres a little black box take the rubber gromet out the front of it and theres a small plastic screw, i think clockwise increases the sensitivity, and if your alarm goes off when you spray the car with a hose turn it anticlockwise (i think)  s:) :) s:)

gavw71

Great info. Ed, many thanks. Can't wait to see the wife's face at the weekend though (weather permitting), when I start stripping bits out of the interior! I'm hoping to adjust the handbrake as it's taking 9-10 clicks to get it to hold on the drive. May as well have a play with the alarm at the same time, if it needs it. I imagine she'll be chuffed to bits and try banning me from this site for a while!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: