Any one any experience withthis?

Started by markiii, January 8, 2008, 14:21

markiii

m http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/parrotrk8200 m

looks quite good if teh sound qualiy is any good
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

aaronjb

I doubt anyone has experienced it yet - it's not out till later this year by the look of things, is it?  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

filcee

First half 2008 - that will be 30th June then  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Looks interesting.  I think a couple of people on here have dedicated parrot phone kits installed, and I know others who use those successfully.  I think they have a good reputation.  I'd be interested, but I'd also like to see DAB in there as well given that "the big switchover" has now started in a few places.  I'll probably check it out when I see one in a shop as I've been keeping an eye on the bluetooth capable head units anyway.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

MR-S

Interesting......
We deal with Parrot gear a lot in work. Must see if I can get my hands on a demo unit for some 'product tests'.  The lack of Ipod integration is a bit of a pain though. I hate that 'audio jack in the front' thing.

'Automatic detection of speaker location' is a new one though, wonder if it makes any difference - although if you've got component speakers I don't think something like that will work unless the unit had built in crossovers.

still.... worth a look.
TRD lip kit, Che Headers, TRD rear Brace, NGK Plugs, TRD oil filter, Facelift side Vents, Key hole covers.

markiii

according to teh spec it has ipod integration and will aloow you to access it in much teh sameway as teh Alpine
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MR-S

Quote from: "markiii"according to the spec it has ipod integration and will aloow you to access it in much the sameway as the Alpine

Missed that one....
oops! I guess that's the difference between looking and seeing  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

More investigation definitely required.
Adjusting the sound to suit the cars' acoustics? That alone is worth a look. I already have our parrot contact chasing it, although he reckons that we're probably looking at september for launch and parrot are not know for giving out free samples, but one can only try.
TRD lip kit, Che Headers, TRD rear Brace, NGK Plugs, TRD oil filter, Facelift side Vents, Key hole covers.

filcee

Any news on this yet?  Anyone seen one in the wild?  Given that I'm looking to hang on to my '2 for at least another couple of years, I may actaually bite the bullet and install something that will allow me to easily use a 'phone handsfree.  Ultimately, it depends on how much of a pain being able to take calls in the car becomes, as my preferred method remains throwing the thing in the glovebox and ignoring it until my next scheduled stop.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

SteveJ

Quote from: "filcee"Any news on this yet?  Anyone seen one in the wild?  Given that I'm looking to hang on to my '2 for at least another couple of years, I may actaually bite the bullet and install something that will allow me to easily use a 'phone handsfree.  Ultimately, it depends on how much of a pain being able to take calls in the car becomes, as my preferred method remains throwing the thing in the glovebox and ignoring it until my next scheduled stop.

They've been available in Halfrauds since the beginning of June - current list price £179.99

Might go take a look tomorrow - looks kinda interesting

markiii

buildquality no where near alpine quality, but looks fairly good for the price

olliex1

I think for what this unit does, it's a pretty good price. Well, it's either that or the spangly JVC KD-AVX44...   s:? :? s:?
2002---Black---Red Leather---Red brake calipers---Anthracite Stock Wheels---TTE Lowering springs---Corky\'s Breastplate---Gutted pre-cats---Ducktail Spoiler---Red J Spec Nose Badge---Dev\'s Keyhole Covers---Clear Side Indicators---Apexi Power Intake---H&S Twin Exhaust

Tags: