Help! Warning light has just come on

Started by Ama_1979, May 16, 2008, 17:38

Ama_1979

Hi all....

Just driving home from work and a light came on, haven't a clue what it is, but naturally worried. Its the light between the ABS symbol and the battery symbol?

Help! and is it bad?

s:( :( s:(

Wabbitkilla

Sounds like the engine light.

Check you coolant and oil are at he correct levels.
The only way to be sure is to have the code read, some of us have code readers so check the "owners with OBD readers" and see if anyone nearby can come and read off the code for you.

Did the car sound or drive any different?
Whereabouts are you in the country?

Don't panic, but you do need to get the code read.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

muffdan

^^^ what he said ^^^

I would recommend not using the car until you can get the code read, incase its precat related. I can vouch that even a 10 mile drive to the local Mr T can do a LOT more damage. If there's a member near you with a reader they may be willing to pop out and read it for you, I certainly would if you are any where near Oxford.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

You have PM Amy.

Liz

I have a reader  s:D :D s:D
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Too slow  s;) ;) s;)

Liz

ok  and we also have a list  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16017 m
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Ama_1979

Ahh bless you all.  Dans the man to the rescue and is kindly helping me..

Im soooooooo worried but hey what can you do..

I shall return when I know the outcome with my good or bad news, lets hope its not the latter eh

s:( :( s:(

Anonymous

I'm sure it's probably just a dodgy O2 sensor or something equally as dull, but it never hurts to check it over to make sure. Must remember to put my laptop on charge tonight now!

Anonymous

T'was a P0141 code, so I've pointed Amy in the direction of a new 3rd O2 sensor. Also checked her pre-cats while I was there, absolutely 100% (well, from the top anyway), so a successful day all round really.  s:) :) s:)

Apart from the dreadful weather.  s:( :( s:(

muffdan

Nice work Dan!

Ama, I'm glad its only an O2 sensor at fault for you.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Ama_1979

Yip Dans the man...

Soo relieved it was just the O2 sensor..have ordered one this afternoon!

Thanks to all those that helped and gave advice

s:) :) s:)

Tags: