Where to buy TTE Springs?! - Not Toyota apparently!

Started by Anonymous, May 20, 2008, 14:34

Anonymous

I've decided to take the plunge and drop the tractor, and after searching the forums, have decided on the TTE's.

I have just phoned up the Toyota parts desk in Swindon and he told me that you couldn't buy TTE items from Toyota and insisted that the numbers i gave him (AM27911/912) aren't Toyota part numbers?

So the question is - where else can i buy them from?!

Else Tein it is!

G

EDIT: Just seen these on ebay:  m http://tinyurl.com/6xzzew m  are they the TTE 'kit' part number? TPZ439-W0720-00

EDIT 2: Ive also seen this as a part nubmer: PZ439-W0720-00 ?

muffdan

I know you can get them from Mr T, but I know how difficult it is to talk to dealers about such things!

Silverstone Performance will supply (and fit) the TTE springs.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Tem

Quote from: "GeeJay"insisted that the numbers i gave him (AM27911/912) aren't Toyota part numbers?

He was right, that's not a Toyota part number, but a TTE part number.

Any Toyota dealer CAN get them. If they don't want to, just take your cash elsewhere.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Cheers guys...and another part number:

TD380-27910-00

As stated on the TTE site!

roger

Quote from: "GeeJay"Cheers guys...and another part number:

TD380-27910-00

As stated on the TTE site!

...and Tem's TTE brochure find
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Mad Bob

GJ, I got mine from the Swindon Toyota in November so he is talking poo.  I will say though that gave me about 3 different prices, and also refused to fit them for me as they claim that most customers had asked for them to be put back to stock.

I got them fitted at Imperial Tyres in the Elgin Industrial estate, they did all the aligning as well. Top Notch.

I have never had much luck with the Swindon branch though, their parts bloke is not the brightest of sparks. In fact, I was also told by him that toyota do not have A/C swithces for the MR2, he also had no idea what a head unit/stereo surround/facia was.
Converse Boot!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mad Bob"GJ, I got mine from the Swindon Toyota in November so he is talking poo.  I will say though that gave me about 3 different prices, and also refused to fit them for me as they claim that most customers had asked for them to be put back to stock.

I got them fitted at Imperial Tyres in the Elgin Industrial estate, they did all the aligning as well. Top Notch.

I have never had much luck with the Swindon branch though, their parts bloke is not the brightest of sparks. In fact, I was also told by him that toyota do not have A/C swithces for the MR2, he also had no idea what a head unit/stereo surround/facia was.

Nice one, cheers for all your help!! I think it's probably best to go down there in person and be persistent then!  Just out of interest, how much did you (eventually) pay for the springs, and for fitting @ Imperial?

I'm confident with fitting them myself, just if it wasn't too bad a cost then i may as well let someone else do the hard graft  s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

Geejay, this has been done to death, a simple search found This.

Jigwar

Quote from: "nelix"Geejay, this has been done to death....

Hmmm, the question though was aimed specifically at the price from the Swindon dealer (likely more expensive than you Norverners   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

For info, I paid £134 (+VAT) for the springs (only) from Beadles Toyota Maidstone, Kent

Steve
Jigwar
Past: \'51 plate
Present: \'06 plate TTET\'ed

Anonymous

Quote from: "nelix"Geejay, this has been done to death, a simple search found This.

I had already searched, and hence phoned my local dealer, only to be told they cannot get them in. So i asked for alternative places to buy them.

Then i simply asked what price Bob paid, as he was given 3 prices at my local dealer.

Mad Bob

The springs were £146.57

I was quoted £164.38 for fitting without alignment and a day later changed it to £329 also without alignment. A day later then than they refused to take the job on anyway.

Imperial charged £180 inc alignment.
Converse Boot!

Tags: