Engine Light

Started by Anonymous, June 1, 2008, 13:54

SimonC_Here

One of the most common codes with cars of a certain age.

Simon

Anonymous

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"I guess we wait for the garage then.

Just a few questions:
What year, colour, options any mods.

Not really relevent, I'm just nosy!  s;) ;) s;)

Simon

2001, no mods yet...

Pic:

RacingSnake

There's your problem right there, its the error code relating to 'It's Summer & the hard top is still attached!'
I'd plump for P0141 too - but I'm biased as it plagued me for the first month after I bought my 2 - easily remedied by replacement of post cat O2 sensor tho - happy hunting!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

lol- thats when we had just picked it up. The hard top was removed shortly afterwards..... lol

kanujunkie

could of course also be a j-spec ecu in a UK car
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Why would it have a J-spec ecu in a standard UK car?! I think we're straying a bit far from the point now, id be more inclined to think that either it wasnt an OBDII machine or wasnt plugged in properly......

markiii

because for a good few years J-specs were more prevalent at breakers so people bought whatever was cheapest when fixing a problem?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

Clutching at straws really until someone tries reading it again.

Get it read and see what the results are, good luck - i hope it's nothing serious, but would have expected something serious to have stopped you using the car by now.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

i dont think much money has been spared on this car, it came with over 2k of receipts from Toyota! Just had a service costing over £700, but the sump looks like it needs resealing cos theres a small leak on one side. Lets hope its just one of the o2 sensors. Its going to JDP on saturday, so we'll see what happens then

Anonymous

Erm I wasn't told the code, it's something to do with the air flow. He reckoned the mass air flow meter might be tempremental so he unplugged it and plugged it back in and then removed the code. Was fine but the engine management light is sort of switching itself on and off... Replaced the maf when the light switched itself back off, but now its back on again... but no doubt it'll turn off again.

Any ideas? Lol

spit

Unfortunately we're back to where we were when Simon said "without the code we're just guessing".

Suggest you take up the offer of meeting up with a local member who has a reader. Even if the light comes and goes, the code(s?) should be stored.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

A code did come up... but I was never told it. My boyfriend might know because he was talking to the guy.

Anonymous

Bought a code reader... the code is P1346, any idea what this is??

It is still switching itself on and off as well.

SimonC_Here

P1346: Misfire During Start Cylinder 3
Unfortunately its for a BMW!   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

And "switching istself on and off"
does that mean it's flashing?

Simon

Anonymous

No its not flashing... It comes on for a day or so then the light goes off for a day or so then it comes back on!

Tags: