Yellow Calipers on a Black '2

Started by tom_deas, June 4, 2008, 13:03

tom_deas

If anyone ever wanted to know what it looks like cos they're considering it themselves....

Anybody else got some pics of their painted calipers to share?
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

markiii

just need some TRD stickers on them now   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

Looking good!
Just need to get rid of those orange indicators
[/img]

tom_deas

so badly need clear indicators... thats next on my list. after this weeks insurance, MOT and service hit! oh and the private plate, of course! and the DVD player... which considering ive been unemployed for two weeks... never mind  s:) :) s:)  will be back in work next week

[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

uktotty

Need to get you round to wash my car! Yours always looks shiny!

Chris_h

And some yellow seats of course....
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

Looks good Tom.

...Which reminds me I need to do mine. Rusty calipers and refurbed wheels looks rubbish   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Might be a tad stupid question but would insurance company need to be told about this mod?

Peter Wright

Quote from: "tom_deas"Anybody else got some pics of their painted calipers to share?
http://www.mr2roc.org/subdreamer/plugins/p17_image_gallery/popup.php?categoryid=20&imageid=1380
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

TJK

Quote from: "nufc1892"Might be a tad stupid question but would insurance company need to be told about this mod?

Nope
[size=75]EX -[/size][size=75] 1999 MR-S - TTE spoiler [/color]- TTE exhaust - TTE style bar - TTE chrome - 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Adjustable Springs[/size]

markiii

grey area some insurance companies get snotty over silly things that from an appearance perspective make teh car more attractive to theives

if you can tell them everything though if you phrase it correctly you should get away with it
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"grey area some insurance companies get snotty over silly things that from an appearance perspective make the car more attractive to theives

if you can tell them everything though if you phrase it correctly you should get away with it

Thanks for this Mark. I've always gone for the honest approach were insurance is involved. I don't want to give them any scope to weasel their way out of a claim.

tom_deas

Quote from: "uktotty"Need to get you round to wash my car! Yours always looks shiny!

i have too much time on my hands at least once a week, long enough to wash and polish it  s:) :) s:)  plus I'm pretty anal about cleaning

but I'm sure if alcohol was involved you could convince me to give yours a quick rub  s:D :D s:D

*remembers that doc on ch5* ewwww i feel so dirty

*edit* oh yeah a bit of photoshop helps as well, higher contrast, adjust the midtones, makes it look very solid  s:) :) s:)

tom_deas

Quote from: "nufc1892"
Quote from: "markiii"grey area some insurance companies get snotty over silly things that from an appearance perspective make the car more attractive to theives

Thanks for this Mark. I've always gone for the honest approach were insurance is involved. I don't want to give them any scope to weasel their way out of a claim.

thats fair enough really. they'd have to be theifs to charge you for it, and so long as they dont take the p*ss and try and charge you an admin fee for "putting it on your policy"...

Anonymous

Hi,
what paint was it that you used on the calipers? I'd like to contrast my black/yellow seats and black paint with a matching shade.
Was it Hammerite or similar?

thanks,

markiii

a little tip re admin fees

insurance companies generally load your premium for adding things, should you not havethem fitted when you make a claim they care not it's cheaper for them

hence if you have a cupboard full of mods waiting to go on, tell them about all of them up front in one go, hence only one admin fee

uktotty

Quote from: "tom_deas"
Quote from: "uktotty"Need to get you round to wash my car! Yours always looks shiny!

but I'm sure if alcohol was involved you could convince me to give yours a quick rub  s:D :D s:D

Oh dear! People are really gonna start talking about us now!!

tom_deas

Quote from: "ewok"Hi,
what paint was it that you used on the calipers? I'd like to contrast my black/yellow seats and black paint with a matching shade.
Was it Hammerite or similar?

thanks,

i tell you what... halfords own brand caliper paint! was skeptical at first but seems to have come up nicely. took quite a few coats mind you - about 5 coats over two sittings. and if you get REALLY close its not perfect, but you'd have to be anally retentive to bother getting perfect something thats gonna get a bit dirty anyway

Quote from: "uktotty"Oh dear! People are really gonna start talking about us now!!

they know about us! *sighs*    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

MisterK

My black car has the standard red cloth seats at the moment, so it seemd sensible to paint the calipers red.  Used Foliatec paint & did 2 coats - followed the instructions on the site from another member.  Great results.  When dry added the MR2 stickers from Simon & then sprayed the caliper with clear laquer to protect the lot.  Been done over a year now & still as good as new.

PS if the photo's don't show but you have to click on the link can anyone suggest why.  Followed the instructions for posting photo's to the letter!

[mod=simon]Unfortunately the instructions don't say that you have to make sure the little tick box next to "Disable BBCode in this post" isn't checked[/mod]
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Kool PT

Quote from: "Mark Kenworthy"

PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

normanh

Yeloow go well on a red car as thats what I have and they look brill.

normanh

tom_deas

actually thats one thing i gotta say for the halfords kit - for the fronts it took about 5/6 coats to get it decent, and still not perfect. might have been the fact its yellow - darker colours are easier to perfect. obv not going to be as high quality paint though. going to do another coat at the weekend and lacquer them.

Tags: